Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #31
branchespark
branchespark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
@tshering - hat page was helpful - thank you.

I managed to compile QT for the Ubuntu desktop and then use qtcreator to build the app and test it on the desktop.

However, I now wanted to compile QT using the toolchain in the linked document and the compiler complains about cc1plus being missing.

I have setup my enironment PATH correctly (which g++ shows the right binary) and the ./configure command includes the right paths. So all should work, but it doesn't.

Code:
export PATH=~/kobo/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.04-20130417_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin:$PATH

./configure -embedded arm -prefix /usr/local/qt4kobo -no-static -shared -opensource -webkit -nomake examples -nomake demos -release -confirm-license

Creating qmake. Please wait...
g++ -c -o project.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/global -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/xml -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/mkspecs/qws/linux-x86-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED  project.cpp
g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
make: *** [project.o] Error 1
Any ideas for where I need to look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Is this of some help?
branchespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #32
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokita View Post
Got it running fine on the KA1, great work! However, I cannot get ssh/Dropbear to run, although I have pbchess installed and usbnet works fine. Any help appreciated.
I upload the fix. Extract KoboRoot.tgz from the zip-archive, and copy it to .kobo.
Select "handle update" > "KR install uncontrolled"

Thank you again for reporting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBStartMenu_09_update_00_enable_dropbear_fix.zip (988 Bytes, 439 views)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #33
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchespark View Post
@tshering - hat page was helpful - thank you.

I managed to compile QT for the Ubuntu desktop and then use qtcreator to build the app and test it on the desktop.

However, I now wanted to compile QT using the toolchain in the linked document and the compiler complains about cc1plus being missing.

I have setup my enironment PATH correctly (which g++ shows the right binary) and the ./configure command includes the right paths. So all should work, but it doesn't.

Code:
export PATH=~/kobo/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.04-20130417_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin:$PATH

./configure -embedded arm -prefix /usr/local/qt4kobo -no-static -shared -opensource -webkit -nomake examples -nomake demos -release -confirm-license

Creating qmake. Please wait...
g++ -c -o project.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/global -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/xml -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/ssykes/kobo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/mkspecs/qws/linux-x86-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED  project.cpp
g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
make: *** [project.o] Error 1
Any ideas for where I need to look?
Not me. Sorry!
Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 AM   #34
Amoz
Amoz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2 (2017)
Quote:
This is sort of a test version, especially since the rotatation problem of some models, which reappeared in KSM 08 under more recent firmware versions, has not yet been solved. I decided to publish this version nontheless, since (1) I want to save new users from having to install KSM 08 and immediatelly afterwards install a patch (with unresponsive touch screen of KSM on H2O2), and (2) hope that KSM 09 will contribute to finding a solution for the rotation problem.
I take it the touch screen for H2O2 is not fixed in this version?
Amoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoz View Post
I take it the touch screen for H2O2 is not fixed in this version?
This is correct. When you run nickel, and return to KSM, the screen will rotate.
Advert
Old 01-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #36
pokita
pokita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
I upload the fix. Extract KoboRoot.tgz from the zip-archive, and copy it to .kobo.
Select "handle update" > "KR install uncontrolled"

Thank you again for reporting.
It works! Thank you!
pokita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #37
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokita View Post
It works! Thank you!
You are welcome! It is strange. Almost a year went by since I broke the script (by stupidity), but nobody complained. I also did not note it.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #38
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post

* I'm frequently switching between nickel and KSM using the exit_nickel icon in nickel and "start nickel" in KSM, however, from time to time, it seems that nickel is started without fmon because I can't use exit_nickel to switch back.
I'm not completely sure, but I think it happens when I open plato from KSM (can't do that directly from nickel), quit plato to go back to KSM, and then start nickel. It does not happen when I make a detour to koreader before starting nickel.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I'm not completely sure, but I think it happens when I open plato from KSM (can't do that directly from nickel), quit plato to go back to KSM, and then start nickel. It does not happen when I make a detour to koreader before starting nickel.
Could you check with the webinterface which images are associated with fmon.
While nickel is running, press "ps" and look in the output for something like

Code:
  873 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/run_test_script.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/run_test_script.sh
  876 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/switchtokoreader.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/switchtokoreader.sh
  879 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/simulate_usb_connection.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/simulate_usb_connection.sh
  882 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/poweroff.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/poweroff.sh
  885 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/restart_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/restart_nickel.sh
  889 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/exit_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/exit_nickel.sh
  892 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/toggle_nightmode.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/toggle_nightmode.sh
Old 01-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #40
tshering
Wizard

wrong thread
Old 01-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #41
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Could you check with the webinterface which images are associated with fmon.
While nickel is running, press "ps" and look in the output for something like

Code:
  873 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/run_test_script.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/run_test_script.sh
  876 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/switchtokoreader.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/switchtokoreader.sh
  879 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/simulate_usb_connection.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/simulate_usb_connection.sh
  882 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/poweroff.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/poweroff.sh
  885 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/restart_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/restart_nickel.sh
  889 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/exit_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/exit_nickel.sh
  892 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/toggle_nightmode.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/toggle_nightmode.sh
Looks essentially the same (apart from an additional entry for plato.png).

Of course, as long as usbnet is enabled I don't see the problem with fmon. As soon as it is disabled, nickel starts (from time to time) again without fmon (or at least exit_nickel or toggle_nightmode don't work anymore).
Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #42
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Looks essentially the same (apart from an additional entry for plato.png).

Of course, as long as usbnet is enabled I don't see the problem with fmon. As soon as it is disabled, nickel starts (from time to time) again without fmon (or at least exit_nickel or toggle_nightmode don't work anymore).
This is strange? Would you like to try with the old fmon? Since the pngs are corrrectly registered in the database (at least I guess they are), there seems to be no danger in doing so.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #43
taos
Connoisseur

Quote:
Found out, how to reproduce it. Plato was a red herring. It's the "normal" usb connection in nickel that somehow disables fmon (of course, as long as usbnet is enabled, this problem is never triggered because you can't connect as mass storage device). I didn't notice it in KSM 08, so maybe this is something new?

Edit: And I can trigger it with simulate_usb_connection. I'll check with the old fmon.

Last edited by taos; 01-21-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #44
taos
Connoisseur

Quote:
This is strange? Would you like to try with the old fmon? Since the pngs are corrrectly registered in the database (at least I guess they are), there seems to be no danger in doing so.
Doesn't happen with the old fmon from KSM 08.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #45
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Doesn't happen with the old fmon from KSM 08.
Good finding. I see the same as you.