Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #616
Tej
Tej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi. It worked! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Your a life saver.
Tej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #617
miss_spell
miss_spell began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
Hi there,

I am having the same problem as a lot of other folks. When a book or story has no artwork, I'd like to be able to add an image (leather book covers, sky, etc) into the background, but keep the Calibre text. I can't figure out how to do this. I tried downloading your software, but I'm on a mac and all it left me with was a folder full of python code in notepad files.
Would you A: have any idea how I could create this kind of cover
B: have a mac version of your book cover app?

Any help appreciated.
miss_spell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #618
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@miss_spell:

You have to install the plugin in Calibre and run it there. See this post for how to.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #619
miss_spell
miss_spell began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
Thanks, I'm off to read directions!

Oh, and I love fanfic downloader have been using it for a year now. I didn't realize there was a calibre plug in for it as well. I love the option of having it download the fic again when it is updated. Keeping track of updates of WIPs is a major piece of work. : )

Last edited by miss_spell; 07-18-2017 at 09:01 PM.
miss_spell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #620
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
I just moved to ubuntu and can't find this plugin. can anybody assist?
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #621
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
It hasn't changed in nearly 2 years and still shows up in the plugin list in Calibre for me.

You can also download it directly from the first post and install it manually.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:07 AM   #622
scarlettruin
Connoisseur
scarlettruin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10 Inch Tablet 2016 & Samsung S10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
It hasn't changed in nearly 2 years and still shows up in the plugin list in Calibre for me.

You can also download it directly from the first post and install it manually.

Can I backup my saved covers frm this plugin please? And how do I do it?

thanks
scarlettruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #623
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
Can I backup my saved covers frm this plugin please? And how do I do it?

thanks
I think that if you use the Export/Import tool, this will be taken care of when you restore your configuration.

You can also back up the configuration folder manually.

This PI's settings are in the resources: Plugins section
I found the images in resources: images
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:50 AM   #624
eliona
eliona began at the beginning.

Hello guys, I know that this plugin hasn't been updated for years, but I still hope somebody can help me.

So I want to generate cover with custom text which is my custom column #relationship, however, some of my books have several relationship tags, I just want to index the first
relationship tag. After a while of searching I found list_item(index, separator) but I've been trying to tweak that function and #relationship but nothing has worked so far. I am completely noob with python and template so I just did things blindly for a while now.

Basically I tried {#relationship:'list_item(0,separator)'} but on the cover it kept showing
"Template error Formatter: Unknown identifier
separator near separator"

I do apologise if my question is indeed dumb and already been answered (somewhere that I have not idea yet)
eliona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:53 AM   #625
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I don't know if it works, but this is my template for my custom column with only the first relationship shown:

Code:
{#relationships:sublist(0,1,&)}
If the relationships are separated by the normal , just change the & to that
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Try the following:

Code:
{#relationship:'list_item($,0,',')'}
Or in the style @Tanjamuse used:

Code:
{tag:list_item(0,\,)}
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:52 AM   #627
eliona
eliona began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Try the following:

Code:
{#relationship:'list_item($,0,',')'}
Or in the style @Tanjamuse used:

Code:
{tag:list_item(0,\,)}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I don't know if it works, but this is my template for my custom column with only the first relationship shown:

Code:
{#relationships:sublist(0,1,&)}
If the relationships are separated by the normal , just change the & to that
Thank you so much! It works now haha so I'll be back to my updating coverbook.
eliona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #628
DawnB2
DawnB2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ive been using this plugin for quite a while, After getting a new laptop the plugin no longer sees the font I've been using for my covers. The font is on my computer, the main calibre program shows it but it doesn't show up in the plugins font list. I've uninstalling & reinstalling the plugin, its help. I'm trying to get it to use the Cooper font. Anyone have any suggestions?
DawnB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:43 PM   #629
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnB2 View Post
Ive been using this plugin for quite a while, After getting a new laptop the plugin no longer sees the font I've been using for my covers. The font is on my computer, the main calibre program shows it but it doesn't show up in the plugins font list. I've uninstalling & reinstalling the plugin, its help. I'm trying to get it to use the Cooper font. Anyone have any suggestions?
IIRC the fonts must be a Windows system Installed font .
You can Add the font to Windows
Control Panel: Fonts:<drag the font file to here> or View the font where it is and the click the Install button

Last edited by theducks; 05-06-2019 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added more
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #630
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnB2 View Post
I can see Cooper Black in Generate Cover, I don't think there is a plain Cooper

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-07 152220.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	171344

I haven't added any fonts in decades, so it must be part of win 10 furniture, have a look at Control Panel fonts to see if its hidden or something. Here it is showing between Constantia and Copperplate Gothic

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote