Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #1126
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
For that, what you'd really need is something to read the TOC and then put a copy of it in a custom column.

Because I don't think you can get a plugin to run as part of switching books in the library.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #1127
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Good Morning!... I am looking for a way to remove (in bulk) an embedded font from all of the books in my library (AZW3 format). I know I can remove an embedded font one-by-one using Edit Book, and I'm pretty sure it can be done in bulk for EPUBs using the Modify EPUBs plugin, but I've found nothing for bulk changes to AZW3 files. It has been suggested that perhaps a 'remove embedded font' feature be added to the Polish Book function but Kovid feels this would be inappropriate in that location as this is a 'destructive' action and nothing else in Polish Books is 'destructive'. (this need arises from the new kindle firmware now allowing users to add fonts to the device and a desire to reduce the file size of my library)...is there a simple way to tweak the Modify EPUB Plugin to be used on AZW3 short of converting everything back to EPUB?
I appreciate all suggestions!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #1128
bkennelly
bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I would love to see a Store plugin for Google Play Books.
bkennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #1129
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Plugin request: a metadata manager for the book editor

The book editor lacks of a metadata manager with the ability of manage the full Dublin Core Metadata Element Set with the Relator Terms; something like the metadata editor tool in Sigil.

As Kovid is not interested in implementing such a feature, someone who is able to develop such a plugin would make a great gift to the community by offering his ability.

ss

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 07-16-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added link to the Relator Terms
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #1130
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sahara View Post
The book editor lacks of a metadata manager with the ability of manage the full Dublin Core Metadata Element Set with the Relator Terms; something like the metadata editor tool in Sigil.

As Kovid is not interested in implementing such a feature, someone who is able to develop such a plugin would make a great gift to the community by offering his ability.

ss
Use Sigil standalone

There are so many ways (as noted by others) that Calibre will stomp on your Pristine, Purist, DC OPF file that you should NEVER allow it to come in contact with Calibre if purity is important.

(Note: You might want to also forgo Sigil, as it is notorious for changing file locations and you will never be satisfied with anything other than a hand coded book with a dumb text editor like Notepad.exe)

Disclaimer: I use both Sigil and Calibre editors. Each has features and UI feel, that fit my work style.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #1131
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a tool listed in the ePub forum here by BillChen that is a standalone meta data editor. Maybe it could suffice.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #1132
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
https://github.com/benchen71/epub-me...ditor/releases
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 PM   #1133
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use the Modify PI to reduce the OPF embedded metadata to DC elements only. Then I use Sigil to remove description, unwanted identifiers, etc. At the same time I move the 'book jacket' that Modify inserts at the front of the book to the back of the book.

Moderator Notice
I moved the original thread into this, the Plugin Ideas, thread.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-16-2018 at 07:34 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #1134
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Instead of an all over word frequency, how about specific word frequency? Type in a word and see how many times it shows up.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #1135
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Instead of an all over word frequency, how about specific word frequency? Type in a word and see how many times it shows up.

The Multi Column Search plug-in has an optional Word Index by Book that you can have it build from .txt formats easily and quickly converted from your real ebook formats. TXT formats are tiny in size, easily created from an EPUB or whatever. The "cost" of creating them is amortized over the large number of times that you can search them. Create once, search many times.

That word index is used as the target of an MCS query across some or all of those books for specific words or phrases.

See the MCS original post for a picture of that MCS Tab, and read its ToolTips that explain its functionality and workings.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #1136
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
The Filter box in the Edit Book->Tools->Reports->Words dialogue will do exactly that.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #1137
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@BetterRed, Thanks! I am always editing books, but didn't realize I could create this kind of report. I wonder if it could be appended to comments or another text box.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #1138
Rellwood

How about an internet bookmark plugin? Open browser, go to set url.

Doesn't require searching, but can be populated with urls that a user can just jump to.

Mobilreads, Calibre Bugs, Wikipedia, Goodreads, Amazon, a blog page, facebook, Calibre PDF, Author websites, etc.

Last edited by Rellwood; 07-18-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #1139
Rellwood

Plugin that opens preset folders on a computer. I understand the JobSpy has open arbitrary but I wanted to have a dropdown list of set locations to programs or folders instead of having to search the file path each time.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #1140
Rellwood

A plugin that keeps copied to clipboard items.

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development