Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #931
iDron
Banned
iDron began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to have a plugin that would keep the names of converted files.
Is that possible? Can someone create such a plugin?
http://image.prntscr.com/image/b4455...df353a8bef.png
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:08 AM   #932
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDron View Post
I want to have a plugin that would keep the names of converted files.
Is that possible? Can someone create such a plugin?
http://image.prntscr.com/image/b4455...df353a8bef.png
Check if this plugin is what you are asking for: GetFileName.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #933
merkin
merkin began at the beginning.

Prepping files for KDP publishing

It looks like publishing more than one book causes a conflict within the metadata for Amazon. Amazon isn't very helpful in supporting their reason for rejection.

The second book in my series has been repeatedly rejected by Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing for have the same ASIN as my first book in the series. It looks like this is due to the Calibre UUID being converted to the ASIN on upload. The current workaround is to export the epub from Calibre and then manually add the ASIN and remove the UUID from the metadata.opf file.

A great plugin would be an export setting for KDP that does this automatically.
merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #934
moby4me
moby4me began at the beginning.

Talking clean, to copy to library

I like to have a plugins to clean at once

copy to library with the r-mouse in Calibre
moby4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #935
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Moby4me - to clean what - your car, your bedroom? The Library Maintenance->Check library option will 'vacuum' the metadata database.

Copy to Library will only appear in the book list context menu if you have more than one library.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2016, 11:42 PM   #936
Sazerac
Sazerac began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Hi there! New user here. I filed an enhancement report and Kovid suggested I redirect my request over here.

Have any of y'all ever seen or used ISFDB.org, the Internet Speculative Fiction Database? It is an incredibly thorough and useful database, accurate to the best of my knowledge and well-researched, containing publication information and cover art (as available) for every edition of a title in the speculative fiction, science fiction and fantasy fields. I use it almost daily. It is a wonderful resource.

It seemed to me that it should be a shoo-in as a metadata download source for Calibre, and I didn't see it included in the metadata download sources nor a way to add one manually. Kovid replied:

"Metadata sources can be added to calibre as plugins. There are a large
number of such plugins available (I cant recall offhand if there is one
for ifsdb) which you can install from Preferences->Plugins. If there is
no plugin for ifsdb you can either create one yourself or request that
someone create it for you in the calibre forums at mobileread.com"

And here I am. I'd have no idea how to implement such a thing, though. Would anyone have any interest?

Thanks!

Chuck
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:33 AM   #937
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
I'd like a plugin which let me validate epubs using epubcheck.
Actually I'm using epubchecker, but it would be easier to check ebooks inside Calibre.
Obviously, I Know that Calibre Editor has its own (and really good) validation, but it works in a different way and I need them both.
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #938
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhal View Post
Actually I'm using epubchecker, but it would be easier to check ebooks inside Calibre.
Obviously, I Know that Calibre Editor has its own (and really good) validation, but it works in a different way and I need them both.
@senhal - The Sigil editor has such a plugin ==>> epubcheck plugin for Sigil

Sigil can be invoked via calibre's Open With feature, which you configure in View specific format or by right clicking an "EPUB" Format in the Book Details panel. Very easy to configure, just tell it where Sigil is installed, and easy to use if you give it a keyboard shortcut - I use Shift+S.

If the Sigil plugin is what you're looking for, you could ask Doitsu if he's interested in creating a similar plugin for the calibre editor.

BR
Old 12-01-2016, 02:33 AM   #939
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If the Sigil plugin is what you're looking for, you could ask Doitsu if he's interested in creating a similar plugin for the calibre editor.
Good idea! Thanks!
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:20 AM   #940
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Unfortunately, writing Calibre plugins is way beyond my very limited skillset. Hopefully, someone else will write one.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 AM   #941
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, writing Calibre plugins is way beyond my very limited skillset. Hopefully, someone else will write one.
Mayhap you underestimate your abilities or overestimate the complexities, how different can two python wrappers be, they either wrap to the left or twist to the right

It is a bit surprising it has not been done already.

But the difference between invoking Sigil or the calibre book editor from the calibre library manager can be less than a centimetre - Shift S and Shift E

BR
Old 12-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #942
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by senhal View Post
There's a very simple solution. Use Calibre's open with to open the ePub with EPUB-Checker and it will open with the ePub and check it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #943
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I really wish there were an updated or new audio book plug-in. I honestly do NOT want to copy my Audible files into Calibre, but I'd very much like a way to link them to my matching eBooks. I can add them through Add Books, Add files to selected book records, but that copies the Audible (or MP3) book into Calibre, and with the size of my audio book library, that is less than satisfactory. What I'd prefer is a simple link to the audio book file(s). With WhisperSync becoming widely available for many Amazon books, having a way to link in the audio side of the WhisperSync'd book would be a real plus.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #944
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Simply use a m3u playlist with complete path information and attach that file to the book as additional book format.

I do this since long time and it works well with your favorite player.
(For me with MediaMonkey)

Last edited by Divingduck; 12-22-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #945
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for Audible books, which is 90% of what I have in audio books. Yes, I can convert (liberate) them. But it's mostly more bother than it's worth, especially since I prefer to listen to them in Audible's app. Especially for WhisperSync books.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development