Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #31
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:59 AM   #32
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi Kovid,
there seems to be a little problem in calculation of the total width for deciding not to show the description below an icon in case of a to small window. The icon only view will shown too soon when I make the window a bit smaller (in my case from 85 mm to 82 mm free space in the right).

calibre v 3.24.0

Edit: It looks like the width calculation is based on a fix icon dimension instead of the smaller icon dimension for warped description
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calDescCut2.PNG
Views:	163
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	164100  

Last edited by Divingduck; 05-25-2018 at 05:06 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:39 AM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no width calculation, basically if you tell calibre to use two lines, the text will always use two lines and whatever space is saved will be available to add more icons, or leave blank as you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:44 AM   #34
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe I have not explain it correct.

There seems to be plenty of space on the right w/o the need to skip the description below the icons so early (in my case ca. a quarter of the usable display width). If you look to the attached picture (two screenshots in monitor screen width) , when I resize the width of the window from the right to the left a little bit the complete 2 line description will be switch of without any need to do this because of the available space and I will see only the icons.
This behavior is not the case if I disable the use of two lines. The switch will only happen if there is really no space to show icon and description.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calDescCut1_2.png
Views:	158
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	164101  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh you've turned on the option to only show text if there is enough room..yeah I forgot about that, open a bug report for it and I'll get to it when I have a moment.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #36
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Looks good on my windows10 tablet.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #37
Divingduck
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Oh you've turned on the option to only show text if there is enough room..yeah I forgot about that, open a bug report for it and I'll get to it when I have a moment.
Yes, I did a little test on this new feature

Here is the report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1773426

Best regards, DD
Old 06-01-2018, 03:12 AM   #38
Divingduck
Wizard

Kovid, it works perfect now. Thanks.
Best regards, DD
Old 06-01-2018, 04:26 AM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome

Tags
icons, menubar