Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #166
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I know this is an unpopular statement these days, but:

Download the google market .apk. Sideload. Enjoy Mantano.

Alternatively, download montano.apk, sidleoad. Enjoy

Last edited by gweminence; 10-20-2011 at 05:41 PM.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #167
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I know this is an unpopular statement these days, but:

Download the google market .apk. Sideload. Enjoy Mantano.

Alternatively, download montano.apk, sidleoad. Enjoy
I'm not sure you can sideload the market on the Fire due to it needing framework from what I read you will have to root it first. I could be wrong but it's what I read.

Mantano is $7.49 which I don't have at the moment. I have the Market on my phone just never bought anything from it before I've used App Store instead but after this I think I will use it instead on app purchases.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #168
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

I'll paypal you a starbuck's if rooting is required to sideload. I'm that confident.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #169
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I'll paypal you a starbuck's if rooting is required to sideload. I'm that confident.
Starbuck? Oh yeah, you mean that coffee place people are always talking about?
I think sideloading will be allowed at least I hope it is but I read to get the Market or use google apps you need root access. I read it last week somewhere...

Oh wouldn't you know Mantano first update just showed up! So now I'm 3 updates behind now.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-21-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #170
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Starbuck? Oh yeah mean that coffee place people always talking about? ....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #171
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't drink coffee so I've never been to one.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #172
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just think they are too pretentious and expensive.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #173
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
Fire vs Tablets

Well, being a Canadian totally eliminates some of the options out there. I cannot get Amazon market, nor can I get amazon tunes, etc. I do not like to be fenced in, so Kindle, and the like annoy me. That is why I own android phones, instead of iphones, and have various ereaders. (One Kobo touch, and one Sony prs300) I have a Samsung Galaxy tab (the old 7 inch model) and love the versatility, along with the 3 g, on a month to month plan with Bell Mobility. I was seriously looking at the nook color, for all the strong processor, screen etc. I have used a resistive screen, and much prefer the capacitive screen on he gt, and my phones. I have dealt with the drm issue in the usual way, seeing as how I like cruciform veggies. (I love cabbages) This may not help your discussion re kindle fire vs other tabs, but understand that there are many cost effective options out there. It depends if you want to be penned in, or free to roam with your content.

John
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #174
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I don't drink coffee so I've never been to one.
they sell a lot more drinks that just coffee these days, there is chocolate, Tea and some children's drinks as well. And some of the coffee drinks are so doctored you might not notice that there is coffee in it. the current offering includes a pumpkin spice latte for the season.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #175
gweminence
Fat Guy

Quote:
I just think they are too pretentious and expensive.
I don't disagree, but at least their stuff's good.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
they sell a lot more drinks that just coffee these days, there is chocolate, Tea and some children's drinks as well. And some of the coffee drinks are so doctored you might not notice that there is coffee in it. the current offering includes a pumpkin spice latte for the season.

Dale
I can't have caffeine or chocolate not to mention according their site the nearest one is an hour away from me in a mall so I'll take your word for it. The last time I had coffee was in 2002 and I was so sick and we was moving from NC to NE as hubby got new orders it was also pumpkin spice from some gas station. I can't stand the taste of that stuff not to mention it made me jittery but I was so sick I couldn't taste anything so I was able to drink it. When I drink a little bit of coffee I shake. I guess I was a bit anemic even then and didn't know it yet. My heart beats fast so caffeine is a no no so I've never been to a coffee shop in my life.

Hubby doesn't like the stuff either he drinks Cola. I can't have that either.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #177
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well, as a consolation, cuddle up with a good eBook. You can't be allergic to that!
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #178
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Well, as a consolation, cuddle up with a good eBook. You can't be allergic to that!

That is so true! It's the reason I switch to ebooks and no longer buy used paperbacks due to being allergic to pollen, dust and mold.
I'm not allergic to cats though hubby wishes I was.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #179
kennyc

Quote:
I'm not allergic to cats though hubby wishes I was.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #180
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Starbuck? Oh yeah mean that coffee place people always talking about? ....

Quote:
You have to be careful with that stuff. It will keep you up.

(When they bring you a 2 gallon thermos of it, then you know you're going to be a while.)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote