Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Heitor
Enthusiast
Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.Heitor knows the way to San Jose.

Device: iPad Air 2, Nexus 7 (2013), Zenfone 3 5.5, Kobo Aura
Exclamation Any easy way of syncing reading position betwenn Moon+ Reader and Marvin?

Is there any easy way of manually syncing the reading position between Moon+ Reader (Android) and Marvin (iOS)?

Owner of an iPad, a Nexus 7 and an Android smartphone (Zenfone 3), I'd like to find a way to transfer my reading to the most suitable device at hand. Moon+ Reader does a good job of syncing between my Android devices, but then my beautiful iPad's big screen goes unused, unless I perform a tiring and awkward process of searching in one device the point where I left off on the other. So far, I've noticed each app seems to calculate the percentage progress differently and, therefore, using the progress slide is unreliable. Because of this, the easiest and most reliable method I've found is to jump among chapters in the content menu, which only facilitates my task if I restrict myself to change devices on chapters' borders.
Heitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I sync all the time between Moon+ and my Kindle and I've found the easy way is to use a short phrase from one in a text search on the other. Something very short usually finds it easily. An example from my current book is "rehearsed pretty thoroughly". That'll almost always take you right to it. Sometimes you'll have to choose between 2 or 3 lines but that's usually simple to do at a glance, either from the context or the position in the book.

It's pretty rare that this doesn't work the very first time. In fact if I go between 2 Kindles I'll often do this instead of letting them sync, since I can do it faster by searching.

Moon+ syncs faster than the Kindle so if I go between 2 Moon+ devices I'll let it sync itself.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
afaik the only thing that'll sync automagically between iOS and Android is google books

it's not the best, but if you're going back and forth often enough, it does work
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvin, moonreader, sync