Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Nook Tablet vs Samsung Galaxy A NOOK

I could not find another thread so I apologize if this is a repeat topic. Does anyone here own both and if so which do you like most? Does the Nook 7" tablet have benefits over the 7" Samsung? I have the Samsung one and do not particularly like it. I thought about getting he Nook $49 tablet
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
Patchicat
Enthusiast
Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet; Nook HD+; Nook Samsung Tab 3
I think in both instances, you have very limited space for storing your books on the device. I once purchased the Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab Nook and ended up giving that away and getting the 10.1 inch which had more memory for storing books. If you can download the books to an SM card, you will have more options, but even then, the memory still is limited.
Patchicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ya. I was wanting the 8" Samsung but not the price tag. Im happy with ipad but just dont like reading on it
Old 12-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
ya. I was wanting the 8" Samsung but not the price tag. Im happy with ipad but just dont like reading on it
If you are reading books on it, I would recommend an e-ink reader over either of the tablets. And if you are going to read on a tablet, the iPad is likely nicer than either of the lower-budget Nook tablets you are looking at.

As for the Tab A Nook vs. the Nook Tablet, the Tab A, the Samsung tablet is clearly better. I don't own the Samsung tablet and I gifted the Nook one, so only used it for a very short time. But comparing the specs on B&N's own page, you can see the differences. The Samsung has a better screen, better cameras and better battery. It likely also has a better processor, though in my two minutes of searching, I couldn't say for sure.

Having said all that, the Nook tablet isn't bad. It costs $50 and you get what you pay for. Both run Android and have access to the Google store, so whatever one can do, the other can do as well. Just maybe not as quickly.

I don't understand the comment about not enough room to store books. Both tablets have micro SD card slots, so they should both be able to offer you all the storage you need.

If you're tempted by the Samsung Tab A Nook, you might just want to look at a non-store branded tablet.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you are reading books on it, I would recommend an e-ink reader over either of the tablets. And if you are going to read on a tablet, the iPad is likely nicer than either of the lower-budget Nook tablets you are looking at.

As for the Tab A Nook vs. the Nook Tablet, the Tab A, the Samsung tablet is clearly better. I don't own the Samsung tablet and I gifted the Nook one, so only used it for a very short time. But comparing the specs on B&N's own page, you can see the differences. The Samsung has a better screen, better cameras and better battery. It likely also has a better processor, though in my two minutes of searching, I couldn't say for sure.

Having said all that, the Nook tablet isn't bad. It costs $50 and you get what you pay for. Both run Android and have access to the Google store, so whatever one can do, the other can do as well. Just maybe not as quickly.

I don't understand the comment about not enough room to store books. Both tablets have micro SD card slots, so they should both be able to offer you all the storage you need.

If you're tempted by the Samsung Tab A Nook, you might just want to look at a non-store branded tablet.
I have the Nook Glowlight 3 and the Kindle Oasis 7" but I guess I love gadgets. LOL There is never enough
Advert