Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Kobo Firmware Releases Wiki discussion

As it is currently not possible to update the first message in the old "Direct Links to Kobo Firmware" thread, we have copied all the information from there (and elsewhere in these forums) to the MobileRead wiki.

Kobo Firmware Releases

This is free for anyone with a MR wiki account to update, fix mistakes, and add information about new releases. Please take a look and help out if you can.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It need to be a Sticky thread.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It need to be a Sticky thread.
Maybe, and make the old thread unsticky to avoid confusion?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Maybe, and make the old thread unsticky to avoid confusion?
I don't think the old thread need to be unsticky maybe murg will show up.

I add Mark 3-5 to 4.2.8432.

Last edited by oren64; 02-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is one possible solution. That is to start a new firmware thread that going on from where the current one left off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2017, 05:39 AM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break

I think the best way is to add the wiki site link and text from post #1 to "Direct Links to Kobo Firmware" in post #1.

I write a report in "Direct Links to Kobo Firmware" saying that it didn't updated in long time, and they should add the wiki site link to post #1.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I propose to place a new sticky post with a link to the new Kobo Firmware Releases section of the wiki. That sticky will also include a link to murg's old thread--which will be unstickied--for archival purposes. The new stickied thread will also be locked against further discussion.

The reasoning behind this approach is that with the new Wiki's ability to be edited (by anyone who wishes to create an account) to include links to any discussion threads about particular releases (or patching instruction threads), there is no longer any need to have a master discussion sticky, as well as new sticky threads for each release as they appear (and the subsequent de-stickying) of the previous release's thread.

The sticky leads to the wiki. The wiki links to any relevant posts/threads/info.

Thoughts?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I propose to place a new sticky post with a link to the new Kobo Firmware Releases section of the wiki. That sticky will also include a link to murg's old thread--which will be unstickied--for archival purposes. The new stickied thread will also be locked against further discussion.

The reasoning behind this approach is that with the new Wiki's ability to be edited (by anyone who wishes to create an account) to include links to any discussion threads about particular releases (or patching instruction threads), there is no longer any need to have a master discussion sticky, as well as new sticky threads for each release as they appear (and the subsequent de-stickying) of the previous release's thread.

The sticky leads to the wiki. The wiki links to any relevant posts/threads/info.

Thoughts?
Don't unstickie the old thread just yet. There is a post there that has not yet been duplicated. That's the post that contains the information on how to manually install firmware. Once that's either in the Wiki or the new thread, then feel free to unstickie.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:

Thoughts?
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't unstickie the old thread just yet. There is a post there that has not yet been duplicated. That's the post that contains the information on how to manually install firmware. Once that's either in the Wiki or the new thread, then feel free to unstickie.
I add it to the wiki site.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just let me know when you're ready. Would one of you like to create the new thread? That way, you won't need a moderator to make tweaks to it later. I can sticky it anytime.

I recommend short and sweet. Let the Wiki and all of its various links do the heavy lifting for you.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Just let me know when you're ready. Would one of you like to create the new thread? That way, you won't need a moderator to make tweaks to it later. I can sticky it anytime.

I recommend short and sweet. Let the Wiki and all of its various links do the heavy lifting for you.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35#post3473935

My English is not the best, if you think something need to be added please add it.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

OK. I've closed the thread to replies (so we don't have to delete irrelevant posts before I sticky it).

@oren64: can you please see if you can still edit the post now that I've closed the thread? That's the only part I'm uncertain of. No big deal if not. We can always unlock it if it needs revised.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #13
oren64
I need a chapter break

No. I can't edit it.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I think the post does need some editing. It's a bit sparse with little information as to what the links are for.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-11-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

OK. No problem. We'll deal with that when it comes up. I'm going to add some of murg's familiar phrasing to the post and then sticky it.

@Jon: if someone wants to come up with a short description, we can add it. I just don't think we want to turn this post into an instruction manual. That's what the Wiki (and the threads it links to) are going to be for.

I've made a few modifications/additions to the post. Just let me know if something else needs mentioning. I'll sticky it and unsticky murg's when you're ready.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-11-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Tags
firmware, kobo, wiki