Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #61
tapioco2000
tapioco2000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I've hacked my kobo with build 1, is it necessary to upgrade to build 4?
tapioco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
The 2nd build fixed this bug, the 4th moved the log to the flash partition.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Mingyar: can you reinstall and re-uninstall the plugin, add a test.sh entry to the kobotweaks.ini and write such a file with:
Code:
cat /etc/init.d/rcS > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/mydebug.log
restart the kobo and execute the test entry, mount the kobo, search for .kobo/mydebug.log and post here its contents?

@yoq: ok, let me know if I have understood: you are dynamically linking a C library to nickel bin. The library contains a class, which constructor is automatically invoked. The constructor creates the FIFO. Since this is done at startup, any echo will be directed to the FIFO? Right?

Thank you for the C for dummies lesson
Hi Lucas,

I did what you asked me.
The only change in the /etc/init.d/rcS file is at line 132.
When plugin is installed :
LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws &
After uninstall :
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws &

I did this with screenInv_build4.zip version of the plugin.
I uninstalled with the uninstaller provided in this package.

I confirm the uninstaller doesn't remove any file in the .kobo directory. I deleted them manually.

The real bug is that serial informations (collection name and number prompt under the name of the book in the library) are no more updated when the plugin is installed.

For information :
Kobo firmware : 2.5.1
KoboTweaks plugin : Last version.
Calibre 0.9.29
Calibre plugin epub => kepub : 1.3.0 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=211135&page=7)
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #64
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
The real bug is that serial informations (collection name and number prompt under the name of the book in the library) are no more updated when the plugin is installed.
excuse me, I had understood the bug happens even if the plugin was uninstalled...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #65
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
excuse me, I had understood the bug happens even if the plugin was uninstalled...
May be my english is too bad, sorry.

No, this bug occurs only the time the plugin is installed.
Collection informations are again correctely transmitted after uninstall.
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #66
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I'd find very useful if you add the ability to toggle night mode when you click the light button, since I use it only when the environment is dark. I think it can be done using acpid, but I don't know exactly how.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #67
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Mingyars problem with calibre turned out to be that when using usb, /mnt/onboard must not be used. To fix this, screenInv.so was moved to /root. I also changed the logging system to have no open files on the onboard sd. However I disabled logging for normal use, but you can still build a version that logs with "make debug".

+ New Feature, at the request of Lucas Malor:
Hold the Light-button for two seconds to toggle Night-Mode.
The same should happen when you press the HOME button on a Kobo Touch.

Upgrading is highly recommended, an old version + calibre could corrupt your database.

To upgrade, copy KoboRoot.tgz from old_uninstaller to your .kobo folder.
Reboot, the install the new version with KoboRoot.tgz from the installer folder.
Delete screenInv.so from your .kobo directory, it's no longer needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenInv_build5.zip (21.5 KB, 796 views)
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #68
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Man, you're my Night God

PS: I think it's better to move to /usr/local any other plugin too. There's a little probability to have Launcher or KOReader opened when you use the flash partition, but it's better to be cautious.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #69
Mingyar
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
Mingyars problem with calibre turned out to be that when using usb, /mnt/onboard must not be used. To fix this, screenInv.so was moved to /root. I also changed the logging system to have no open files on the onboard sd. However I disabled logging for normal use, but you can still build a version that logs with "make debug".

Upgrading is highly recommended, an old version + calibre could corrupt your database.

Reboot, the install the new version with KoboRoot.tgz from the installer folder.
Thanks Yoq.
I'm not able to test yet, I'll anwser as soon as possible.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #70
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Yoq,

Thanks for the fix and the light switch integration.

Not to sound ungrateful, but is anyone else seeing remnants of the previous page of text showing through the black background?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #71
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Yes, I think this is the reason why eink devices doesn't have a night mode. Personally I don't care.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #72
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Yoq,

Thanks for the fix and the light switch integration.

Not to sound ungrateful, but is anyone else seeing remnants of the previous page of text showing through the black background?
I can't see it on mine - though in the end if I am reading in bad light the "day" mode seems to be working better for me. With a lamp on, though, I get more contrast with the night mode - of course my Mini has no illumination of its own.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #73
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I can see them very well if I open/close drop-down menus on Home. The more the open/close, the more the ghosts. I can see them in "normal mode" too, but with night mode is more evident.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #74
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Uh, Oh, you can see ghosts! Watch out, Bruce Willis will be stopping by to check on you next... ;p

Well, not thrilled about the ghosting, but happy it's not just me. Mostly, because it usually is, for some reason. Oddly, even with refresh set to six, I never see ghosting in normal mode. I ain't ' fraid a no ghosts.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #75
tapioco2000
tapioco2000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post

great addiction! thanks!
tapioco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch