Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #181
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
CoolReader launcher for nickel

Ok, so I have put the modified scripts on a KoboRoot.tgz, as promised. This would only work if pbchess was installed inside the .kobo folder. If it is installed elsewhere, the pertinent paths of the files and the scripts should be modified to make this work.

As always, one should unzip the CoolReader icon into the memory of the device, unplug it from the computer and let nickel scan it. Then, plug it again, unzip the KoboRoot.zip file and put the resulting KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder.

The icon was designed by @whatsapps and uploaded to steemit.com. Any other image would work as long as it is named 'CoolReader.png'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CoolReader_icon.zip (68.4 KB, 733 views)
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (1.1 KB, 574 views)
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #182
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
ItalianUruguayan
maybe you should consider starting a new thread and publish your package there. In some weeks your package might be lost in this thread.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #183
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
ItalianUruguayan
maybe you should consider starting a new thread and publish your package there. In some weeks your package might be lost in this thread.
You are right. I have seen some people here asking for this specific feature, so it would be useful to start a thread.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #184
cmoim
Enthusiast
cmoim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage , Kindle Oasis 2 , Kobo Aura Edition 2
Hi I would like to ask if there is a way to launch nickel automaticaly, the default interface ? , If i want to use the jailbreak i will just need to click on the pngs...
cmoim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #185
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
Hi I would like to ask if there is a way to launch nickel automaticaly, the default interface ? , If i want to use the jailbreak i will just need to click on the pngs...
nickel is started automatically after 30 secs or so, if there is no user interface. You can configure how long KSM waits before calling nickel.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #186
tshering
Wizard

KSM09_update002

• takes account of the changed dropbear path in more recent versions of pbchess
  • corrects screen orientation for pbchess on H202
  • lets you configure how to handle wifi when returning from koreader
Add the following lines to the [koreader] section of .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt, if you want to configure how wifi is handled after koreader
(us a unix style editor)
Code:
handleWifiAfterKOReader=ask_the_user
handleWifiAfterKOReader=leave_alone
handleWifiAfterKOReader=switch_off
handleWifiAfterKOReader=switch_on
Thanks to nohandlebars and gilali for help!

The update package is attached to the first post.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #187
chiu2003
chiu2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one

Sorry, I am new to Kobo Aura One

I have follow the step 1 and 2.

Now I can see above screen, what should i do next to install Koreader?

After I press any button, the screen to jump back to original launcher

Last edited by chiu2003; 03-29-2018 at 11:41 AM.
chiu2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #188
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
First you need a download package for the Kobo version. Then you can open the download package in your zip/compression program and find the "koreader" folder. With your device connected via USB cable, you can then just Drag&Drop the folder into the /mnt/onboard/.adds/ directory. The next time you start your device KSM should see that the folder is in /.adds, and add a Start koreader menu item, under the Nickel one.

You can do the same for the Pbchess package to add the vlasovsoft folder, for Coolreader and games & Utilities.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #189
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, download last nightly from here: http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ At the moment it is this: http://build.koreader.rocks/download...2018-03-28.zip (download zip version).

Don't go to last stable.

After that, copy koreader directory from zip to .adds directory on your device. And, after that you'll have option to start koreader.

EDIT: Ken was a bit faster then I.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #190
cvarrick
cvarrick doesn't littercvarrick doesn't litter

Device: Kobo H202
Touch in the KSM menu is not working on my H20v2 ("snow",).

The very first touch results in the the "Up" image in the footer briefly flashing dark, after that no touches seem to register.

Initial install was "KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip ".
Installed the "002" update but still no touch.
Factory reset and installed the latest KoboLauncher, same issue, no touch.

All of the above was tried with the initial FW - v4.610197.

Factory reset and updated to latest FW and installed "KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip ", no touch.

The web interface does work so I am happy to provide any debug from that interface.
cvarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #191
chiu2003

thanks all. Now i can have the Koreader.
But i have another problems now:

I download ebook from google play (in PDF format) and also installed "Adobe Digital Editions" and authorize my Kobo aura one.

I transfer the file using Adobe Digital Editions and try to open in Koreader, but it shows "No reader engine for this file or invalid file"

Below is my KOreader version

Thanks all!

Last edited by chiu2003; 04-01-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #192
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
KOReader does not deal with files with DRM. Your PDF has DRM and you have to remove the DRM. Go see https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com to learn how to remove DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #193
chiu2003

thanks.
I installed Calibre plugin and can open PDF in KOreader now
But i need to scroll down to read the whole page.
Any setting i can do in the Calibre?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #194
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

Is there any way to add custom menu entries, like the nickel/koreader/pbchess/plato ones?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #195
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiu2003 View Post
thanks.
I installed Calibre plugin and can open PDF in KOreader now
But i need to scroll down to read the whole page.
Any setting i can do in the Calibre?
There is a special forum dedicated to KOReader. Ask KOReader specific questions there in order to increase the chances to get useful answers.