Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Question 1 calibre, 2 readers with different formats

I've started using Stanza on the iPhone (epub) along with my Kindle (mobi). What's the easiest way to manage multiple readers?

Mobi is my current "preferred output format". I tend to convert everything in advance, so I have a large collection of books in X & mobi. I find I have to explicitly create epubs, changing the output format in the conversion dialog each time, to get books so show up in the calibre/stanza catalog.

tlc
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I've started using Stanza on the iPhone (epub) along with my Kindle (mobi). What's the easiest way to manage multiple readers?

Mobi is my current "preferred output format". I tend to convert everything in advance, so I have a large collection of books in X & mobi. I find I have to explicitly create epubs, changing the output format in the conversion dialog each time, to get books so show up in the calibre/stanza catalog.
I think you answered your own question. Just convert the books to epub that you want to see on the iPhone.

I recently had the opposite problem, I was anticipating a need for mobi files so (after experimenting to ensure a proper conversion) I selected all 1200+ epubs and converted them to Mobi. On my laptop it completed about 150 an hour. On my little home machine considerably fewer per hour.

You can always set a smaller batch to run prior to going to sleep each day. depending on the size of your library after a few(many) days you should have your whole library in both formats.

As for me it turned out ePub was the best format for what I ended up doing and I deleted all 1200+ mobi files.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert