Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
cguerette
cguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enough

Device: New Nook Glowlight
Do not disconnect-can't download books to reader

I plugged my new reader in and installed the e reader library the first time and put books on the computer and reader and charged the reader, but when I connected it again, the "do not disconnect" message won't go away. I finally disconnected it and reconnected it, but I'm never able to get to the Start menu so that I can get to the ebook library and download a new book that I purchased from my computer. Help? Thanks!
cguerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
To get rid of the do not disconnect message, you need to close the library. Then you'll be good. If you haven't downloaded the library yet, do that first (their servers are getting hammered though, it might take a while). Then after it's up, close it. Then connect the Reader. If it doesn't automatically open, open the Library software. Create your account and during that process it'll detect and authorize your Reader.

Before you can buy books, you need to get the Adobe email from Sony (this took about 20 minutes for me today). After you register your Sony, close the library again and wait for the email. Once you get it, reopen the library and sign in again (with the device connected). Buy your books, and then drag and drop them to the Reader. Once you try to do that, it'll make you authorize your device (seems like this is the second time, but it's really just registering it for Adobe). Then you'll be good to go!

I know it sounds wonky, but this method worked great for me this morning. After this it'll be smooth sailing, it's just tricky now with the Adobe login and you have to close and reopen the Library for the changes to work.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
cguerette
cguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enough

Device: New Nook Glowlight
Got it. Thanks!! Merry Christmas.

cguerette is offline   Reply With Quote