Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
cuspcham
cuspcham began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Is M92 good for making notes on scanned pdf?

Hi everyone,

I usually read a lot of scanned books on my PC, but that really hurt my eyes. Thus I have wanted to buy a e-ink reader for ages.

I have spotted on the M92 for quite some time. The reason I find it really attractive is it got a stylus and have scribbling feature. What I would like to ask is:

a) is it convenient for me to jot notes/underline on those scanned pdf files? I have heard that it is pretty difficult to use a stylus to write something, is that true?

b) I presume I can save those scribbling right? What I usually read is history or theoretical stuff, and from time to time I need to re-read them again. Saving my own notes and jotting would be quite important

If the notes-scribbling feature is really good, I will go for m92, if not I would rather try some cheaper 9.7 inch models, after all the price of m92 is quite steep for me.

Cham
cuspcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Hallo, the first quastion hasnt a real answer. Everything depends on your needs, so I dont believe you can write a lot (poor precision and speed, so you have to write quite big), but boox is excellent to scribble.
You can also be interested in converting your books in .djvu, which is much faster and has a better quality (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/DJVU) but has some limitations.
In any case a new hidden folder is created, so you simply have to save it. But this sketches are readeble only by boox.
Pdf can export your annotation in a new pdf readeble on any computer, djvu hasnt this feature.

bye!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
THe pdf reader cannot export your notes correctly since straight vertical and horizontal lines are not merged onto the Pdf that you are annotating. While scribbling, straight vertical and horizontal lines often occur.

Peterx's scribbling app is the only reliable solution for scribbling, but it is not working in the new firmware 18
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
THe pdf reader cannot export your notes correctly since straight vertical and horizontal lines are not merged onto the Pdf that you are annotating. While scribbling, straight vertical and horizontal lines often occur.

Peterx's scribbling app is the only reliable solution for scribbling, but it is not working in the new firmware 18
sorry I didnt knew that
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:

It must be something wrong with your device. I tried to reproduce your problem and it didn't work. Here is a video, where you can see that it works just fine with any kind of lines.
http://youtu.be/vfr1lHAtl4A

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-27-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
THe pdf reader cannot export your notes correctly since straight vertical and horizontal lines are not merged onto the Pdf that you are annotating.

While scribbling, straight vertical and horizontal lines often occur.
Well, I do not know.

First, if one scribles by hand, it is hard to make exactly horizontal or vertical line.

Second, I cannot confirm any disapearance of horizontal or vertical lines happens in my case. (It may be due to the fact that there is possibly none such a line, I do not know...)

I use scribling in scanned and non-scanned pdf documents. I do not use Scribling Application.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
naravive
Enthusiast
naravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle, Boox M92
I use m92 + scribble function (in annotation menu) on pdfs and it works very well when I want to do margin notes and other annotations. There's a merge pdf button which produces a second copy of the pdf containing the scribbles--this can be emailed without any problems. I don't have the issue mentioned here regarding certain kinds of lines not registering. My handwritten annotations are saved and I have even emailed the merged file to others who have opened it.
naravive is offline   Reply With Quote