Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
ADE help required!

Oh boy. I have never had trouble with ADE, but tonight was the night. My computer froze and crashed while I happened to be downloading a library book through ADE.

OK, restarted the computer, got back online (dial-up connection), went back to my library, signed in, went to my checkouts, clicked and prepared to download the title.

ADE opens up, only it is EMPTY! There are no books present, library or otherwise. Further, several bookshelves I'd set up to organize books were also MIA. Now, all my books, are present on C: drive in the normal folder, they aren't lost. I added them back into ADE with no issue. Library books are now showing under purchased books, instead of borrowed books, but I can live with that as they will expire soon enough and it's easy to tell the difference anyway.

The problem is that I cannot download any new library books!

I clicked, but although the usual "open with ADE" window came up, and ADE did in fact open, no download started. No error message, nothing. The modem didn't even flash to indicate that something like a download was happening. It seems like ADE simply no longer recognizes that it is supposed to be downloading the file. In case it was an issue with that particular book, I checked out another book and tried to download it. NO DICE.

I checked to see if ADE was still authorized and it appears to be authorized to my computer just fine. I can open epubs that are on the hard drive and read them. What I can't do is download more! Needless to say, this is a BIG problem!

I am guessing I should uninstall ADE and then re-download and install? Or is there any other way to fix this issue?

As I'm on dial-up, and downloading/installing ADE takes a good long while, I want to be sure that uninstalling/reinstalling is the way to go before proceeding. Just in case there is some other simple fix.

Thanks for any help, I'm just lost as to what is best to do, as ADE has worked flawlessly for me up until now.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Help, today I uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions, then re-installed, it's still not working. Says it is authorized to the computer, I didn't have to do anything when I re-installed it, but I still can't download anything at all. I tried a different library account, no dice there either!

ADE automatically repopulated when I finished the install, all library books are still in the purchased book shelf as well. I don't know if this is normal behavior for a re-install or not.
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I have no idea what's happening to you, but you might try the ADE forum on Adobe. http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...gital_editions
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
graycyn
Wizard

Thanks, I guess I'll have to try that.

I was wondering if trying to jump the computer back to a previous restore point would possibly help, or does that only help with operating system ills?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
graycyn
Wizard

Figured out how to get Sony Reader Library to work on my library books, and I guess it should work for shopping other stores as well. So I am at least able to get my library books.

Will see what they say over in the Adobe Forums.
Advert