Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
mtucker57
mtucker57 began at the beginning.

Device: none
trying to publish epub -- a newbie/luser story ;-)

Hi, Everyone,

This is probably just a newbie failure, but here goes…

I self-publish a lot of stuff. So far I've just used PDF to do so. Naturally, I'd like to go to epub as well.

I downloaded Calibre and I've successfully turned some of books into epub files (I turned them into html documents first and then converted). Then I saved the material to disc.

Then I went to lulu.com and tried to uploaded the epub file to the server. I got an error message saying that the epub file was flawed and couldn't be used.

I know I'm just doing something wrong and there's a simple answer to this question.

Anyway, has anyone had experience doing this sort of thing? What's the right way to do it?

cheers
mjt
mtucker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker57 View Post
Hi, Everyone,

This is probably just a newbie failure, but here goes…

I self-publish a lot of stuff. So far I've just used PDF to do so. Naturally, I'd like to go to epub as well.

I downloaded Calibre and I've successfully turned some of books into epub files (I turned them into html documents first and then converted). Then I saved the material to disc.

Then I went to lulu.com and tried to uploaded the epub file to the server. I got an error message saying that the epub file was flawed and couldn't be used.

I know I'm just doing something wrong and there's a simple answer to this question.

Anyway, has anyone had experience doing this sort of thing? What's the right way to do it?

cheers
mjt
Run the PUB through Flightcrew (part of Sigil and available standalone) for 'meaningful' error message.

flawed, broken, not working what is a repairman going to fix?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
mtucker57
mtucker57 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks hugely! Sigil is terrific!
mtucker57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, lulu.com, publishing