Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #196
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Just talked to Amazon. The tool offer was a random offer sent to select KSOs.

Evidently my KSO isn't select enough, so I got screwed.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #197
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I was wondering why I had 5 offers instead of the usual 4.

The KSO plot thickens; I soon see them sending offers based on out search habits. Now I really feel lucky to have even received the $20 gift card offer.

Last edited by chas0039; 06-18-2011 at 05:35 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #198
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just talked to Amazon. The tool offer was a random offer sent to select KSOs.

Evidently my KSO isn't select enough, so I got screwed.
Oh wow that sucks for you and everyone who doesn't get it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #199
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Oh wow that sucks for you and everyone who doesn't get it.
C'est la vie
Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #200
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Another one just dropped in. BTW, they seem to have developed an Offers hack over here, at least for anyone proficient enough to jailbreak and then run a terminal program using usbNetworking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr.gif
Views:	158
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	72988  

Last edited by chas0039; 06-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #201
Lemming_in_ND
Lemming_in_ND began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Another one just dropped in. BTW, they seem to have developed an Offers hack over here, at least for anyone proficient enough to jailbreak and then run a terminal program using usbNetworking.
Besides the video games, I also have this one:

Name:	screensvr (2).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	72992

Lemming_in_ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #202
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Another one just dropped in.
...another one I didn't get! You know, my Kindle is starting to get a complex. Sure hope it doesn't go postal.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #203
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming_in_ND View Post
Besides the video games, I also have this one:
I got that one yesterday, so it's probably a standard offer sent to everyone.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #204
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Offer #15

Get $20 off tools at Amazon when you spend $30 or more

(no description because I wasn't sent this offer, so I have no idea what the screensaver or email said)

Claim offer by Jun 21, 2011 and redeem by Jul 21, 2011

Offer #16 should drop Jun 22nd

This is a new twist, because Amazon is now sending out select offers to a limited number of KSOs. Some people received two offers today, while most of us only received one.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #205
tarataqa
Our Lady of the Internet
tarataqa began at the beginning.

Device: NookColorCM7;Kindle3SO;iTouch 1G;LG Optimus V
*sniff*, all i got was the $10 for $20 giftcard.

no tools...no video games...no kindle credit exploring
tarataqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #206
Lemming_in_ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I got that one yesterday, so it's probably a standard offer sent to everyone.
The one I got yesterday doesn't mention using VISA, so I thought they were different.

Name:	screensvr (3).jpg
Views:	285
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	73001

Last edited by Lemming_in_ND; 06-18-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #207
Lemming_in_ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarataqa View Post
*sniff*, all i got was the $10 for $20 giftcard.

no tools...no video games...no kindle credit exploring
The video games and kindle credit exploring will be future offers. We found those in the assets directory of our KSO.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #208
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The one I got yesterday doesn't mention using VISA, so I thought they were probably different.
They are different offers. I got the one you just posted on the 9th and the other one yesterday. There'll be a different set of books available for each offer.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #209
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The video games and kindle credit exploring will be future offers. We found those in the assets directory of our KSO.

The video game offer is not in my assets folder, so that one looks like another special offer (like the tools) for just a select few KSOs.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #210
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I wonder if the people getting random offers are the ones using the silly you pick option. Maybe the special offers are for the folks looking at ads in order to determines which ones are used?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote