Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
jrshooter
jrshooter began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Can't connect through Gateway router

I have a Gateway Wireless Broadband Router, WBR-100.

My new Kindle will not connect to it. When I try to set up my Wi-Fi network connection:

a. It defaults to connection type DHCP, no security type.

b. If I try to put in IP address or subnet mask, it doesn't work.

I'm at a loss what to do. Can anyone talk me through step-by-step?
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I believe this is a kindle support call if no one speaks up shortly. in the interim, welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
phil75070
Enthusiast
phil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Do you have other devices connected wirelessly that are working? Maybe check their settings and try to duplicate them for the Kindle. You may have to check the router settings themselves. Do you have the manual for the WBR-100 so you can check if DHCP is enabled, SSID is being broadcast, what the the correct security password is (people have reported problems with characters being used as well as two word passwords), MAC filtering is off, etc? If not here is a link to that manual:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals...ps/8509439.pdf

Hope this helps.
phil75070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My ATT Residential Gateway includes a router and has a limit to the number of devices which can be registered through WiFi access. Its a low number I believe limited to 6 devices.

You may have exceeded your router limit.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote