Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Heinlein's "Starman Jones" coming to Baen

While looking at Baen's Webscriptions page, I was delighted to see that "Starman Jones" is being released in the October bundle. One of my very favourite Heinleins!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
Awesome! I love Baen...and Heinlein. Thanks for the heads-up. I've been slowly buying the back-bundles and don't always think to check what's out in the newer ones.
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Sixth Column in Jan 2012.

What's missing (never has been released in and e-book format?)

Novels
Beyond This Horizon
Double Star
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

The Post-Surgery Novels

Short Stories Collections
The Man Who Sold The Moon
Assignment In Eternity
The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about "Starship Troopers"? Is that available as an eBook?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

To answer my own question, I see it's in the Kindle store, so it evidently is. Have to add that one to my "must buy" list! I also see that "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" is listed as "Available to Pre-Order".
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I see that "Space Cadet" isn't on your missing list, Ralph. Who sells that?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I see that "Space Cadet" isn't on your missing list, Ralph. Who sells that?
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/rob...00000000099944

http://www.amazon.com/Space-Cadet-ebook/dp/B003JH8LPM

Thanks for the Moon heads-up!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Correction: I don't believe Waldo and Magic Inc. have been release as an ebook.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Drat - "Space Cadet" seems not be be available in the UK. Hopefully that'll change in due course.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The early Heinleins are among my favourite SF books, especially the "Juveniles". I didn't like his later stuff, though. It got a bit weird.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
The early Heinleins are among my favourite SF books, especially the "Juveniles". I didn't like his later stuff, though. It got a bit weird.
Totally agree. His writing got better but his characters became bizarre. The Juveniles are excellent stories with strong and admirable protagonists.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm the opposite. While I like them all... I much prefer the later stuff.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I read all of his "juvenile" novels (10?) back just before I was a teenager and loved them. I credit Heinlein as a major force in getting me interested in reading Sci-Fi.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
To answer my own question, I see it's in the Kindle store, so it evidently is. Have to add that one to my "must buy" list! I also see that "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" is listed as "Available to Pre-Order".
There is a quite good Audible version of this, Harry. I recently "read" it, and found it as compelling as when I was a youth.

Quote:
The Juveniles got me started, but I continued to enjoy even his later ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I read all of his "juvenile" novels (10?) back just before I was a teenager and loved them. I credit Heinlein as a major force in getting me interested in reading Sci-Fi.

Don
I devoured every one in both my local public library, and the school library in my early teens. And I've been a life-long SciFi reader ever since.

Last edited by CRussel; 06-25-2011 at 08:46 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
Same here. There were 12 juveniles, according to Wiki:

1. Rocket Ship Galileo, 1947
2. Space Cadet, 1948
3. Red Planet, 1949
4. Between Planets, 1951
5. The Rolling Stones aka Space Family Stone, 1952
6. Farmer in the Sky, 1953
7. Starman Jones, 1953
8. The Star Beast, 1954
9. Tunnel in the Sky, 1955
10. Time for the Stars, 1956