Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #226
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
it still doesn't work for my Kindle DX-G v2.5.5 . Can u show me how to do ???
Old 08-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #227
AndresP
AndresP began at the beginning.

Device: current:Kindle DXG, before:Compaq ipaq,Sony PRS-505
Yep, it is not working on DXG with 2.5.5 . Jailbrek - OK, SS - OK, but no usbnetwork). Upgrade option is dimmed.
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #228
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
That's weird.
I have a DXG with 2.5.5 firmware and it worked.

If it can help, here's what I did:
(on Windows 7 Ultimate)

- install jailbreak
- install update_usbnetwork_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin
- install Windows Mobile Device Center (for the RNDIS driver, the linux.inf was not working for me)
- type in the search window of the kindle:
;debugOn
then `usbNetwork
- connect the Kindle to the computer
- open network and sharing center > change adapter settings > properties of the new connection > open TCP/IPV4 settings > set IP as 192.168.2.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0

That's it.

Last edited by Zanshin; 08-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #229
AndresP
AndresP began at the beginning.

Device: current:Kindle DXG, before:Compaq ipaq,Sony PRS-505
Thanks Zanshin - Your post lead me to try more and yes - it works. I used wrong archive, whre DXG bin was missing, and thus no update possible.
Get usbnetwork work on Windows 7 64 Ultimate (with several BSOD'ds before right config), to find out that Registering doesnt work over usbnet (there are many complaints about it in blogs and forums). God knows what and why is blocked...

Thus it is still impossile to use rowser, collections, password, etc...
Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #230
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Did you also type `usbQa?
I believe that's needed in order to access the internet
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #231
maxxim88
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
That's weird.
I have a DXG with 2.5.5 firmware and it worked.

If it can help, here's what I did:
(on Windows 7 Ultimate)

- install jailbreak
- install update_usbnetwork_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin
- install Windows Mobile Device Center (for the RNDIS driver, the linux.inf was not working for me)
- type in the search window of the kindle:
;debugOn
then `usbNetwork
- connect the Kindle to the computer
- open network and sharing center > change adapter settings > properties of the new connection > open TCP/IPV4 settings > set IP as 192.168.2.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0

That's it.
thanks for great advices but after these steps, what's next ??? sorry for asking but I'm not very good at computer
Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #232
Zanshin
Connoisseur

There's nothing next. With this, the network over usb is enabled.

Then, if you want to access the internet you type `usbQa and connect your Kindle to your computer.
If you want to access the Kindle via telnet, you launch a ms-dos prompt window and type telnet 192.168.2.2 (if you haven't activated telnet on your windows 7, you have to type pkgmgr /iu:TelnetClient first).
Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #233
maxxim88
Enthusiast

can u upload these needed files here or please send to my email maxxim.gao88@gmail.com ( include: jailbreak, update_usbnetwork_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin and Windows Mobile Device Center - for the RNDIS driver) ??? I can't find update_usbnetwork_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin file in this thread
Thanks for your help

Last edited by maxxim88; 08-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #234
Zanshin
Connoisseur

Everything is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004 .
Except Windows Mobile Device Center which is available at the Microsoft website.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #235
maxxim88
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post

That's it.
Thanks, but I don't know how to do at this step because I'm using XP system

Last edited by maxxim88; 08-20-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #236
ukhant
ukhant began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Hi,

Can someone confirm, if doing the above will allow automatic time sync for KDX US wwith no whispernet coverage ?(is this done via syncing with time server NTP) ?
If additional steps are required what would they be ?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #237
Zanshin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxim88 View Post
It's the same on XP.
The names might be a little different but it's still roughly the same.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #238
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxim88 View Post
Here is Windows XP Dirver:For Windows Vista/7 Use Windows Mobile Device Center:Follow those steps:

Last edited by meem; 08-20-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #239
maxxim88
Enthusiast

how can i download Windows XP Dirver ( that .inf flie )
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #240
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I couldn't get Vista to recognize the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget automatically (after I installed the Windows Mobile Device Center). So I canceled the automatic search-and-fail-miserably-while-forcing-me-into-a-never-ending-loop-of-despair driver search and went to the Device Manager. After much consternation, I found the following solution that gave me much joy:

Right-click on the unknown gadget and select Update Driver Software...
Select the "Browse my computer for driver software" option...
Choose the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, damn you!" option... Choose Network Adapter for the device type...
Select "Microsoft Corporation" for the manufacturer and "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" (newest version) for the Driver.
"Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" worked as well.

Configured the adapter and sshed my little heart out.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-04-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
kindle usb network