Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Book from 2015 - disappeared?

How can a five year old book have disappeared off the face of the planet so fast?

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/t/d...or/outland.htm

The storyline looks interesting to me. But I can't find the book anywhere, except for a few used paper copies at totally ridiculous prices at Amazon, AbeBooks, etc. I can see that happening for an old, out of print book. But this one was supposedly published in 2015. There are 295 review for it on Amazon, specifically mentioning the Kindle Version, ... but where is it?
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I had a long post ready to go with my guess in it then tried one more search (my guess was right!)

From the author's page:
Quote:
What happened to Outland?

In late 2017, I signed a contract with Audible.com to put Outland and the sequel onto audio. But before that can happen, I have to do a significant edit of Outland. It made more sense to un-publish the book first, because the new one will very likely be under a different ASIN (which means purchasers of the old edition won’t get the new edition).

So for now, Outland is off the market. I should have it finished by summer 2018, then it has to go through the audio publishing grind, which takes a few months.

Published: Jan 2, 2015
Un-published Jan 2018.

Amazon Link (USA)

Release date on Audible is May 16, 2019. Text versions Sept 16, 2019.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Wow, thanks. Your Google-search skills (or whatever you use) are at the"guru" level. I have a separate Calibre library for "wanted books" that have not been published yet (I use book title and author name on an empty book). I'll add this book there so I don't forget about it and can try finding it again in a few months.

Thanks again!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
I quite enjoyed Outland. I caught it when it was in the Kindle Owners Library. I like Taylor's other science fiction also. I'll admit I've mostly listened to it from audible. Outland is one of the few I read rather than listened to.

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote