Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Awwww!! What a cutey, DRJD!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #17
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Awwww!! What a cutey, DRJD!
I agree, DRJD. What a sweet face

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #18
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
She remained only 3 years with us, and died in an unfortunate accident. I miss her.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:54 PM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I only have one pet at the moment, Nublu. Nobody knows her age - I adopted her from the shelter where I volunteer and she's been with me for 2,5 years. She lost her old home because her owner died. She was very stressed, had eating problems and a whole host of health problems. She still has eating problems (wants to be fed from a spoon or else she won't eat), but her health is much better. She is very quiet and sweet, almost certainly not young anymore.

My beloved old girl Matška died this past December, from kidney failure. She was over 14 years old. Her exact age was unknown, we found her abandoned and starving on the streets 11 years ago. She was already adult then.

My third sweetie, Bella, died in October 2014, also from kidney failure. She was adopted from a shelter like Nublu. She was our dear companion for over 6 years.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galeriiv84361 (2).jpg
Views:	772
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	154610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 934-2.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	154611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1390-2.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	154612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1518.JPG
Views:	722
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	154613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 681-1.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	154614  
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #20
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nublu has crossed the Rainbow Bridge too by now. Her death still hurts, but she was probably quite old and her health was never good. I will always remember her as the sweetest cat I've ever known. I hope she's happy.

A home without pets is no home, imho, so I have two new cats (I actually like all kinds of animals, dogs, birds, fishes, frogs, reptiles and so on... but I'm too lazy for most of them In case someone wondered why I've had only cats).

Ruufus and Helle were adopted from the same shelter Nublu was, where I volunteered at the time. They waited for their home almost 3 years. Many visitors liked them, but we didn't want to separate them and nobody was ready to adopt them together. It's very rare here that someone wants to adopt two adult cats at once. OTOH two kittens, usually littermates, are adopted pretty often.

Ruufus is a boy. He's older than Helle and lazier. He loves to cuddle and nap in my lap (or on my desk while I'm working). He adores Helle and grooms her often (he's a bit of a hygiene freak).

Helle is a girl and she's certainly younger than Ruufus. She's curious and loves to play, but she never plays alone. Someone must play with her and amuse her. She also dislikes being alone in a room. If no one pays her any attention or she's left alone for a while, she starts to whine. She's a diva.
Helle loves belly-rubs, which is pretty rare for a cat.

Here they are lazing about together.

Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
hexchain
hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.hexchain can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Jumping in for cat pictures ;-)
hexchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

For the past three weeks I've had a blind kitten in my care. His eyes were destroyed by FHV (feline herpesvirus). An old man found the kitten on the streets, but was unable to take him to a vet and treat him. Now the kitten is at my place, but unfortunately it's no longer possible to restore his sight.

As he is only 5 months old or thereabouts, he's already adjusted to his disability quite well. He's very affectionate and cheerful, loves to cuddle and to play with little tinkling balls (he chases those by their sound). He's also very curious and climbs everywhere, just like a healthy kitten. Unless you know he cannot see, you would never guess it at a glance.

Euthanasia is out of the question because the kitten is coping really well. But both eyes must probably be removed, he has chronic inflammation in them and cannot see anyway.

I won't post any photos of the kitten at the moment, his eyes look quite awful. He would be a beautiful cat otherwise, white with a little orange.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #23
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Blind cats do very well when kept indoors ... you just can't rearrange the furniture without introducing them to the new obstacles.

Our older cat Sammie went gradually blind as the result of a brain tumor ... she memorized paths throughout the house and could navigate quite confidently ... aided by hearing and whisker touch ... Eating and drinking were no problem ...

Kudos to you for adopting your kitten ... you can have a very enjoyable life together

Talking out loud is reassuring .. and can help the cat locate you in an otherwise quiet house.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #24
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
One should talk to one's pets anyway! I sing little ditties throughout the day, and as I walk the dog.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:31 AM   #25
be4morgan
Enthusiast
be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Pet Thread

I can't find an existing one, so I decided to create a thread about pets.

Attached is a photo of my adorable black chowchow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sasa.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	169519  
be4morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:57 AM   #26
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Here you go!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282109

And hey! That's a lovely chowchow!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:03 AM   #27
Gew
Gew began at the beginning.

Device: none
We have a cat. His name is Garfield. He's yellow-ish.
He's a stray we picked up, so we don't know his age.
He loves to cuddle, and doesn't go out much during winter.
During summer, he stays out most of the days though.
Gew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Threads merged.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #29
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Peanut (an elderly toy poodle)

Arturo (an elderly (he's 19 now) male grey and white kitty)

Thor (4 year old po-chi (more Chihuahua than toy poodle))

Punkin (an elderly female tabby kitty)

Kitty Girl (an elderly female calico kitty)

Hope and Hoku (A pair of four week old Christmas kitties who were abandoned by someone in a cardboard box three years ago. They've both grown up to be loves)

We have raised all of them from infants.

Last edited by wodin; 02-06-2019 at 02:26 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #30
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
I have a mechanical kitty and doggy. Do they count?

When I was 11, my older brother (a genius programmer) invented a mechanical dog with sensors. It sensed your presence and walked towards you, barking all the way. He rarely patented his work though... Probably gave the code away.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote