Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
mickael28
mickael28 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
How to interact between tablet and ebook sides

Hi guys,

I finally got the chance to get an Entourage Pocket Edge from the UK, pretty cool!!

I have a few doubts about how to interact with both screens, not sure if it's possible and I cannot figure it out, if there's a 3rd party app to help in the process or if it's simply not supported.

Basically, I'd like to:

1- Start reading a PDF book in the tablet side and then send some of the pages to the ebook side (similar to what can be done when using the browser in the tablet side). Is this possible?

2- Capture some screen in the ebook side and then send it to my SDcard. But I've seen is that it send the picture to the tablet but it appears in the proprietary edge Library application (under 'MyLibrary'), so I've not found any way to then find that screenshot in the folders structure or a way to easily export it. Any clue if this can be done?

Many thanks!
mickael28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi, mickael28! Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting the best eReader ever made

The first thing I would suggest doing is upgrading your ROM to the Allmine Universal, if you haven't already.

Now, for your first question; "Can you send pages from the PDF viewer on the tablet side to the eink side".

I have no idea. My eDGe still has the old hacks on it and they broke the built in copy of Documents To Go... I dunno if that is an issue with Allmine Universal or if there is a fix. I keep forgetting to find out. The Docs2Go PDF viewer is the one the eDGe uses by defaults to display PDFs on the android/tablet side and I cant remember if it lets you send individual pages to the eink side.

Now, as for where the screenshots are store:

All the Library app files are stored in the same folder. You will need to open the ES File Explorer app.

Once you have it open, click on your edges "menu" button, open "Settings", choose "File Settings" under the 'Display Settings' category (it is the third option from the top), then checkmark "Show Hidden Files". Back back out of the settings back to the main app. Depending on what folder you are in you will need to click the top left button that has a house picture. It should change to a forward slash ( / ), when it changes, click on it again.. (If it is already a forward slash, go ahead and click on it) This takes you to the root of your eDGe's storage.

Now scroll down till you find the folder "sdcard", open it up and then find the folder ".edge". Your Library apps files will be stored in the folder ".esa-content".
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
mickael28

Hi Helf,

Many thanks... I tried for a long while before your explanations to find the library without success, nice one, I can see the pictures there now.

I didn't know about the Allmine Universal ROM, but it seems the guy who sold it to me has done it, as I can access the market without a problem, it's pretty awesome. I'm still wondering how's that manufacturers have not decided to developed a few similar products.

I was hoping to send the pictures to the ebook side as well but like individual PDF pages, I cannot see an option to do so :S. Do you guys know a way (official or hack) to be able to do so?

Cheers!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
Hello mickael28

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to check out lcd2eink. A quick search on this forum should bring up links to it.

It basically allows you to capture anything you see on the tablet side to the reader. You can then save the resultant images.

It is actually a pretty awesome app. Take a look at the options. You can even set it up to control the tablet side from strokes on the reader side. I've sat in full sunlight surfing the NY Times by opening the browser on the tablet then using the pen on the eink to click on links, scroll through articles, etc.

Welcome to the Edge community!
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickael28 View Post
I finally got the chance to get an Entourage Pocket Edge from the UK, pretty cool!
Welcome. There are many threads here including the threads in the entourage Archive moved here when entourage closed.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
mickael28

Awesome!!!, lcd2eink seems to be the tool I was looking for... I need to play around with it now, so cool this interaction

I have another question regarding the Reader side but I think better to start a new thread to make it more specific and easier to find in the future.

Thank you!!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Enjoy!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote