Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Libraries Don't Sync

My Kindle Fire contains 39 books.
My Kindle for PC contains 45 books.

According to Amazon's 'Manage Your Content and Devices', my devices contain the following:

Kindle Fire - 4 books
Kindle for PC- 35 books
Kindle Cloud - 0 books

Shouldn't they all be the same number?
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I've synced both my Fire and Kindle for PC and refreshed Amazon's 'Manage Your Content and Devices'. Any ideas, partial ideas, or speculation would be appreciated.
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
My Kindle Fire contains 39 books.
My Kindle for PC contains 45 books.

According to Amazon's 'Manage Your Content and Devices', my devices contain the following:

Kindle Fire - 4 books
Kindle for PC- 35 books
Kindle Cloud - 0 books

Shouldn't they all be the same number?
MYCD isn’t going to know about content that is side-loaded (i.e. not downloaded from your Amazon cloud library). It is easy enough to reconcile this, if you select the device in MYCD and choose View device content, and compare it with what is Downloaded on the device. Of course you should Sync the devices as well to make sure the totals on MYCD are updated. (Again, it’s only going to reflect things you purchased from Amazon)

I don’t know what you mean by ‘Kindle Cloud’ — guessing it is read.amazon.com browser viewer? If the browser supports download feature (for off line reading) and you explicitly download books, then I expect it would reflect in that total. If you don’t explicitly download, then it just pulls down pages as you read them, and the total would be zero.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-21-2020 at 07:57 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:24 AM   #4
TWHanson1
Enthusiast

Thanks tomsem.

What I meant by ‘Kindle Cloud’ is: MYCD/Devices/Amazon apps installed on devices (2)/Kindle on 2 devices/Thaddeous's (in my case) Kindle Cloud Reader/More Actions/View device content.

What I'd like to do is move a few of my Calibre books (not purchased from Amazon) to this 'Kindle Cloud'. It seems that it should be possible since Amazon tauts the app, Send To Kindle' which is supposed to allow personal documents to be uploaded.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I have found that the set of books shown by Manage Your Content and Devices as being on each device often disagrees with the actual books present on those devices. Once that happens even syncing does not to fix it. Deregistering a device and registering again appears for fix it for a while.

The Kindle Cloud Reader used to have the ability to download and "pin" books for offline reading. That was recently removed as a feature so that might account for it always showing no downloaded books.

Send to Kindle sends books to a Kindle device or app with the option to have them saved to your account for future downloading. Those saved "personal documents" appear in Manage Your Content and Devices under "Docs". Kindle Cloud Read (along with with Kindle for Mac/PC) will not show personal documents.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have found that the set of books shown by Manage Your Content and Devices as being on each device often disagrees with the actual books present on those devices. Once that happens even syncing does not to fix it. Deregistering a device and registering again appears for fix it for a while.
There is a Sync option for the iOS and Android Kindle apps in MORE options (and on Fire, under Device options). This seems to do a full library sync and brings things into alignment with what is on MYCAD. It takes several minutes, whereas the normal sync only syncs locations for books on device.

I don’t know if there is an equivalent for Kindles, as the quick settings Sync doesn’t really show any activity or ‘Last Sync’ time stamp. And it can take many minutes to complete initial library sync after registering.

MYCAD seems to show a superset of books on device, i.e. may include books that were downloaded and later removed. It doesn’t seem to record every book that is removed.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-24-2020 at 01:52 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote