Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2023, 05:59 AM   #1
ZXMushroom63
ZXMushroom63 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hep with building QT 4.8 with webkit

Hello

After being stuck with my kobo's built-in browser, i decided to try to make my own.

I decided to follow this tutorial on building Qt 4.8.5:

But when I followed this tutorial and removed the --no-webkit option on ./configure, it would fail to compile.

So, I decided to follow this tutorial as well as the previous one.

My environment is Lubuntu 18.04 32bit, and the tutorials work right until I need to compile QtWebKit with:
Code:
perl Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --qr --release
They failed to find zlib.h, png.h and jpeglib.h
I just sort of copied the header files in to the directories that caused problems, but now at the very end of the build, it fails to compile with these errors:

~/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.04-20130417_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
~/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.04-20130417_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng
~/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.04-20130417_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg

I was wondering if anybody could help me with my predicament.
I have a in progress tutorial on github which has the steps to reproduce the problem here.

Thanks in advance!
ZXMushroom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 06:35 AM   #2
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
you need to compile those libraries to the sysroot. Just google them. Placing only headers will cause problems.
Also what are you doing with perl? weird
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2023, 11:00 PM   #3
ZXMushroom63

Thanks. I somehow managed to completely forget that you need to use the targets headerfiles and libraries. Whoops.
Old 08-12-2023, 11:43 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Why not just use the Qt (5.2) already provided on Kobo devices? They already include QtWebkit (that's what the Kobo browser uses).

I just checked NickelTC, unfortunately, QtWebkit is not supplied, but you should be able to modify the dockerfile/scripts to include it.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 11:53 PM   #5
ZXMushroom63

At this point, I sort of don't what to stop what I started. Probably because I already put far too much effort in to it to just cancel it here.

Still, it's a good idea. Probably will try to do that with any future projects.
Advert
Old 08-13-2023, 06:45 AM   #6
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMushroom63 View Post
Thanks. I somehow managed to completely forget that you need to use the targets headerfiles and libraries. Whoops.
How? Glibc doesn't complain?
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:16 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I just checked NickelTC, unfortunately, QtWebkit is not supplied, but you should be able to modify the dockerfile/scripts to include it.
Yeah, IIRC, I did test build a "matching" (i.e., terrible) version, and that ought to be in the build scripts .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:24 AM   #8
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Problem is, there's no non-terrible version of QtWebkit out there
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote