Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Aluratek Libre 7" Color AEBK07FS

I may have posted this question on the wrong forum. Can anyone, who has this ereader, shed light on this battery issue?
Just received from Dell. Over the last few days, I am now getting 4 hours read time for every 6 hour charge. I ONLY use it for reading. Have the brightness down to 10%. I have a Ticket in with Aluratek Support. Anyone, in the meantime, experienced this?
I have not upgraded the firmware - not sure that would make any difference for this problem.

lvd4
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
gridlewak
Enthusiast
gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Welcome to the club. I loved my Aluratek, till I had that same issue. First time I charged it, I had almost 13 hours according to the battery indicator. After that, I couldn't get more than 7.

Sent it back at my expense, after numerous attempts to convince tech support that I was indeed shutting it down properly. After 3 weeks, I was told it stayed fully charged for them, so they sent it back. The first thing I did when I got it back was check the battery, and it showed just over 5 hours left.

Luckily, I bought the extended warranty. This allowed me to return it after the 1 year warranty ran out. I'm using a Kobo VOX now, but I really miss the Aluratek, as it did every thing I wanted an e-reader to do. I didn't need Wi-Fi, or any other bells n whistles.

But, I refuse to deal with tech support folks that try and play me for a fool.
gridlewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
ho11ywood885
ho11ywood885 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Color
Aluratek Libre Color firmware

I am new, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I was wondering if anyone has the firmware update files for the Aluratek Libre Color (AEBK07FS). Mine died, and I loved it, so I found another one on ebay. This one is locked in the prepetual reboot cycle, so I'd like to update the firmware, but Aluratek has long since dropped the software off there site. I even went as far as contacting customer support, but they say they don't even have the files anymore. Hopefully someone saved the folder!
ho11ywood885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I would suggest you poke about at https://web.archive.org/web/20151001...th-7-color-lcd

This archive site may have the files you are looking for. I get the aluratek.com pathname from our wiki Aluratek libre Color. Getting an old URL and plugging it into the wayback machine at web.archive.org is often a useful tool.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote