Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #196
gegkro
gegkro began at the beginning.

Device: none
Couple of questions for noonscomo:
do u reallt think it will be commercialized by the end of the year?
what about distribution outside germany? i live in Italy would it be possible for me to buy it and to use the website i understood will be the main reference for the txtr?
gegkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #197
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
EVVAI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Another happy bounce and EWAI!
Shouldn't that be Up! Up! and EVVAI!
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #198
TomBolini
ebooks distributor
TomBolini doesn't litterTomBolini doesn't litter

Device: HP2710p iLiad Cybook Sony 505 Kindle DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegkro View Post
Couple of questions for noonscomo:
do u reallt think it will be commercialized by the end of the year?
what about distribution outside germany? i live in Italy would it be possible for me to buy it and to use the website i understood will be the main reference for the txtr?
Being in touch with 'em for the Italian market
TomBolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #199
kamm
Zealot
kamm doesn't litterkamm doesn't litter

Device: Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the companies main product is a sharing software program so it should work with multiple devices. Check their main page. TXTR.com
Which just strengthened my belief that it's a complete vaporware, nothing else - the whole reader page looks like a hoax, like someone took the whislist from a topic here and made a still in 3dsmax...

I think it'll end like so many other enthusiastic but amateur attempt - a software company suddenly figures out 'gee, all these big guys are blind, they don't understand what the people want but we *know* it' and starts working on it... then comes the first problems when you have to deal with hardware limitations, price/design compromises etc.

Anyone ever been involved in a process like that knows what I'm talking about - unless they are extremely well off it is highly unlikely that a newcomer small firm will break both Amazon and Sony... they might have smaller overhead but it also means lot less engineering resources (let alone expertise - Sony has infinite hardware design experience to dig from...)

Look at iRex: they did it and they ended up outside of a regular user's price range - and bringing a product to the market, the introduction etc is really expensive game and support is even more and when you don't really sell in numbers but you have to support all of them...

Here I hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
kamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #200
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamm View Post
Which just strengthened my belief that it's a complete vaporware, nothing else - the whole reader page looks like a hoax, like someone took the whislist from a topic here and made a still in 3dsmax...

I think it'll end like so many other enthusiastic but amateur attempt - a software company suddenly figures out 'gee, all these big guys are blind, they don't understand what the people want but we *know* it' and starts working on it... then comes the first problems when you have to deal with hardware limitations, price/design compromises etc.

Anyone ever been involved in a process like that knows what I'm talking about - unless they are extremely well off it is highly unlikely that a newcomer small firm will break both Amazon and Sony... they might have smaller overhead but it also means lot less engineering resources (let alone expertise - Sony has infinite hardware design experience to dig from...)

Look at iRex: they did it and they ended up outside of a regular user's price range - and bringing a product to the market, the introduction etc is really expensive game and support is even more and when you don't really sell in numbers but you have to support all of them...

Here I hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
You did see the interview with them showing the TXTR off didn't you?

Here's a whole page of demos, this is not vapourware - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...uery=txtr&aq=f
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:20 AM   #201
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
im full of glee and smiles with so many readers being released/announced/prototyped OTHER than oppressive kindles, this is great, bluetooth,8gb minisd,and mobile network for downloads.. bring on all the competitors, i hope more and more epub and mobi devices with multi format support flood the market and gain market share before kindles wind up with mobile data in australia and europe
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #202
kamm
Zealot
kamm doesn't litterkamm doesn't litter

Device: Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
You did see the interview with them showing the TXTR off didn't you?

Here's a whole page of demos, this is not vapourware - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...uery=txtr&aq=f
No, I haven't, thanks for the link. Demo vs retail aside - there's a huge gap to fill - it does not address my concerns about its market viability... what's the rumored price tag?
kamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 AM   #203
George
Enthusiast
George began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone - PRS 600
bump.

eagerly awaiting news on this device.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #204
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattwetle View Post
On the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle, you cannot annotate. However, the iRex iLiad can be written on with a stylus and uses a screen almost identical to the other two units. It also costs around 800...
This is only partially true, on the Sony PRS-700 you can annotate.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote