Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New firmware release 4.4.9349

Today, i'm checking for update. And i get new firmware (in attach file).
No change log for this firmware.

I'm using Glo HD.

More info about my ereader:

Kobo Glo HD
Original affiliate: rakutenbooks
Affiliate now: bestbuyca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.JPG
Views:	892
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	156824  

Last edited by ntson; 05-19-2017 at 03:58 AM.
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What affiliate is your device set for?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntson View Post
Today, i'm checking for update. And i get new firmware (in attach file).
No change log for this firmware.

I'm using Glo HD.
Interesting, after seeing your post I checked for updates and got 4.4.9344 on my GloHD. Was previously on 4.4.9298.
The (6f700792a0 ) is the same but date is May 16 instead of May 17.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 05-18-2017 at 02:04 PM.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Interesting, after seeing your post I checked for updates and got 4.4.9344 on my GloHD. Was previously on 4.4.9298.
Most likely it's due to a different affiliate.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
That might actually be a timezone difference. But, I think in this case it is a rebuild/repackage that updated files but didn't change any of the inbuilt identifiers.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #6
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
These different versions with all the reported problems cause a fuzzy blur as to what might be the right update strategy.

Being left in the dark blur, I'm glad I haven't synced since the most recent versions have seemingly been afflicting various KA1 users.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
These different versions with all the reported problems cause a fuzzy blur as to what might be the right update strategy.

Being left in the dark blur, I'm glad I haven't synced since the most recent versions have seemingly been afflicting various KA1 users.
My KA1 just updated to this version it's working fine. Waiting on the patches to make it look normal
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What affiliate is your device set for?
I'm set affiliate is: bestbuyca

original affiliate is: rakutenbooks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	156840  

Last edited by ntson; 05-18-2017 at 10:22 PM.
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:52 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Kobo Aura One: Mark 6 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.4.9349.zip
Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 AM   #10
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I update the wiki page and add the new FW.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Last edited by oren64; 05-19-2017 at 04:53 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
scegghy
scegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Forma
Just updated my KA1 with this new firmware and finally the curse of black screen has been defeat!
scegghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
Deets
Deets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverDeets exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
I had an Overdrive book to download. I connected to WIFI and crossed my fingers. Firmware updated with no black screen. And, I have my book to read.
Deets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Everyone, stop worrying about the update. Kobo stopped distributing the bad update to the Aura ONE within an hour of them discovering the problem. Anything delivered to the device now will be safe. There is a small chance that downloading the Mark 6 version of 4.4.9344 using the posted links will give you the bad build, so just don't do that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #14
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
David, have all the affiliates removed the bad update?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #15
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Affiliates don't distribute updates, the affiliate in the file is just one of the factors that decides whether the device in question gets an update at this time when it syncs with the Kobo servers.
Abtacha is online now   Reply With Quote