Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Problem with calibre and Pandigital Novel

Hi,
Calibre "Send to Device" is putting my books in the top level directory of my Pandigital Novel (White) instead of using the Send to Device template. Save to disk works as expected. Template works ok for my Pocketbook 360. Any chance I can get a fix for this? Thanks.

Also is there a way to write a template for more than one level of directories based on tags? I would like somthing like Nonfiction/Finance, Nonfiction/Reference, Nonfiction/Study Guides, etc. Putting slashes in the tags gets changed to an underscore. Thanks again.

Last edited by tselling; 01-18-2011 at 04:16 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As per the pan digital novel driver in calibre the PD Novel does not support books in subdirectories, so the template is flattened. If you have information to the contrary, feel free to share.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Also is there a way to write a template for more than one level of directories based on tags? I would like somthing like Nonfiction/Finance, Nonfiction/Reference, Nonfiction/Study Guides, etc. Putting slashes in the tags gets changed to an underscore. Thanks again.
There's a rather obscure feature I use to designate directories: If a tag starts with a backslash, it gets interpreted as the path that the ebook should be saved in instead of the template. (I think it overrides the template. Not totally sure.) This, however, only supports static paths for every book- no fancy templates or anything.
(As an explanation: I use this because it was the only practical way to get the directory levels the way I like them during 0.6.x, and I'm too lazy to switch to using templates as long as this works.)
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC it's forward slashes (/) not back slashes (\).
Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Uhm, yeah, of course. My bad. It's a slash, not a backslash.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As per the pan digital novel driver in calibre the PD Novel does not support books in subdirectories, so the template is flattened. If you have information to the contrary, feel free to share.
The Pandigital Novel is an android tablet so it can support a number of different reader apps. My preference is FBReader so it definitely can use subdirectories.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
There's a rather obscure feature I use to designate directories: If a tag starts with a backslash, it gets interpreted as the path that the ebook should be saved in instead of the template. (I think it overrides the template. Not totally sure.) This, however, only supports static paths for every book- no fancy templates or anything.
(As an explanation: I use this because it was the only practical way to get the directory levels the way I like them during 0.6.x, and I'm too lazy to switch to using templates as long as this works.)
I need the templates for books in a series. Books in a series get put in a subdirectory under the tag directory. I just had a thought though... I guess I can create a custom Column for the Nonfiction part of the path instead of putting it into the tags field.

Ok I have this working. I added a column called subdir... right now its either blank or Nonfiction.... adding {#subdir:|/|/} in the template in front of my tags gets me the directory structure I want.

Last edited by tselling; 01-18-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
The Pandigital Novel is an android tablet so it can support a number of different reader apps. My preference is FBReader so it definitely can use subdirectories.
Yes, but the driver is based on what the default app can support.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Yes, but the driver is based on what the default app can support.
I am using the latest official firmware (as far as I know) from Pandigital dated 1/14. It no longer starts up with the bookshelf but it automatically install the B&N Reader so I also tested with it as well.

Send to Device the drops the all the epubs into the eBooks directory on the internal card and are seen by the B&N app, but the epubs are dropped into root directory of the sdcard and are not seen. If I move the book into the eBooks directory on the SD card then the B&N app sees it so I am not sure that the driver works quite right for the built-in app either.

Would it be possible to have a default template that works for the built in app, but allow users to change the template to get the behavior they want?
Thanks.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you saying that books on the SD card also have to be in an eBooks directory?

If you want to use a non default reader, I'd suggest you use the connect ot folder function in calibre.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Are you saying that books on the SD card also have to be in an eBooks directory?

If you want to use a non default reader, I'd suggest you use the connect ot folder function in calibre.
I cannot speak for all versions of the official firmware but the official one I am using from 1/14 does require the books on the SD card to be in the eBooks directory.

There is also a problem when I try "Save To Disk -> Save only EPUB format to disk in a single directory" (to drop the epubs into the eBooks directory on the SD card ignoring my normal template folder structure). I get a file named: G_C-EXCEPTION! Single '}' encountered in format string.epub

I tried several files with the same result. Not critical to me since I don't use the B&N reader app too much but thought I would report it since I was testing functionality with my white PDN.

Last edited by tselling; 01-19-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You might be happier disabling the Pandigital device interface plugin. Once it is disabled use the Connect to folder feature to connect to whatever folder you wish to send books to. This folder will then be treated as a device, complete with a On Device column.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You might be happier disabling the Pandigital device interface plugin. Once it is disabled use the Connect to folder feature to connect to whatever folder you wish to send books to. This folder will then be treated as a device, complete with a On Device column.
Thanks, I didn't realize I could do this.