Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Search Speed

Has anyone tried some searches on the Glowlight 3 with a large library (> 500 books)? I am wondering how peppy it is. Bonus point if you did the searching in the 1 partition version. Did they upgrade the processor in this new model?

I have more than 2000 books and others had mentioned using search as a way around the clunky shelf system. I just wondered if it would be painfully slow to use this approach.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Has anyone tried some searches on the Glowlight 3 with a large library (> 500 books)? I am wondering how peppy it is. Bonus point if you did the searching in the 1 partition version. Did they upgrade the processor in this new model?

I have more than 2000 books and others had mentioned using search as a way around the clunky shelf system. I just wondered if it would be painfully slow to use this approach.
I haven't tried searching, since I had to put mine back in a box until Christmas, but I can tell you the Glowlight 3 is not the speediest beast. I think it's beautifully designed and the reading experience is fine. But when you aren't reading, get used to the three thinking dots.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert