Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #226
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Paperwhite 2, dxg
Hello, I added a Turkish dictionary and tried to use this plug in but recieved this error :

calibre 2.26 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Hyphenate This! && Author Book Count Hierarchy && Quality Check && Kindle Collections && Wiki Reader
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 118, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 92, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 165, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 89, in __init__
LookupError: unknown encoding: 370000

Can you help me ?

Thank you in advance
oguzonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:15 AM   #227
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzonat View Post
LookupError: unknown encoding: 370000

Can you help me ?
Hi,

Most probably I cannot help you. If Calibre says "unknown encoding", that's what it is: Calibre cannot decode the book.

Try to convert the book and then try hyphenate. Maybe it would do.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #228
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thank you for your reply,

The book was originally in mobi format, then I converted it to azw3 and added a custom font to be able to read with that font in my pw2.

In which format should I convert the book?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #229
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I actually think that the dictionary might be the issue and not the book.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #230
oguzonat
Enthusiast

I have used this dictionary, I have added the ".dic" extension file with the correct name (i suppose)

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ex...eck-dictionary
Old 04-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #231
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you read the instructions in the first post?

Quote:
User Guide
Install plugin and download "OXT" dictionaries from link above. Open plugin's settings via menu and add those dictionaries. After dictionaries are added to the plugin, downloaded files are removed, plugin stores hyphenation information inside it's settings directory.

NOTE. You may also add hyphenation dictionary directly, i.e. appropriate "DIC" file, extracted from "OXT" (OXT is simly a ZIP file). "DIC" file must be named "hyph_<language code>.dic". E.g. "hyph_en_US.dic" or "hyph_ru.dic".

NOTE 2. I have tested lots of "OXT" dictionaries. Surprisingly, some of them include hyphenation file, but it is not included in the descriptor (plugin uses descriptor to find out the hyphenation dictionary inside "OXT" archive). So if you add "OXT" dictionary, but no new dictionary appears in the list, try to open "OXT" file with some archive manager and search for "hyph*.dic" file there. If it is present, extract it and add directly. If not, you're not lucky.
I downloaded the OXT file from the link you supplied and tried adding it to the plugin via it's settings. No change in installed dictionaries. I then opened the file with WinZip and saw NO hyph*.dic file; the Turkish OXT does NOT support hyphenation.

Last edited by PeterT; 04-30-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #232
oguzonat
Enthusiast

I heard about this plug in from blog.the-ebook-reader, when it failed, I came across with this thread...

Sorry to inconvenience you,
and thank you for your efforts.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #233
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

It was not a problem at all Just glad we figured out what the issue was.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #234
oguzonat
Enthusiast

I looked again with winrar, within dictionaries folder, there is a tr-TR.dic file
Old 04-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #235
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Yes but that is NOT the hyphenation dictionary.

The required hyphenation dictionary would begin with hyph.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #236
oguzonat
Enthusiast

now it is crystal clear. Ty
Old 05-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #237
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hi,
I use this plugin heavily on my kobo aura H2O - the fact it ruins the text search doesn't bother me except for some books of philosophy. But it happens I hyphened these... If I check "remove soft-hyphen, the book will be restored in his very previous state, right ?

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-04-2015 at 01:28 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:27 AM   #238
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
If I check "remove soft-hyphen, the book will be restored in his very previous state, right ?
If everything is working correctly, this should be the case. A soft-hyphen is just a special type of invisible character that can be removed like any other.

By the way, don't the Kobo readers hyphenate books natively already? I have read more than once that they have a live hyphenation dictionary on board for many languages.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 AM   #239
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Correct. Well, sort of. I use hypen and dehypen extensively, cause I read hyphenated but sometimes I correct my books when I find typos, formatting errors etc. I can't swear to you that the book gets back the same at byte level, I didn't even check, but yes: the books get dehypenated to the point it is searchable again, and no, I never noticed any difference at reading level with the "original" version, if you know what I mean
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:55 AM   #240
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Personally, I only hyphenate AZW3 files; I can always hyphenate the EPUBs if it would be required (and supported) if I'm ever switching to an EPUB-reader.

The Kindle supports soft-hyphens, and text looks a lot better on it when hyphenated; much less large white space gaps in between words.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces