Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Are you sure it isn't a refrigerator??
My poor surprised mother never knows what's coming. In my p-book days, I once joined a book swap and forgot to tell her about it. I get a phone call one day from her asking me if there is something going on that she should know about, because all of a sudden she started getting tons of packages from me from all sorts of strange people...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Just the Sony 505 for me.
A local library has several Kindle 2's, but the backlog wait was close to 2 months last time I checked. I don't care THAT much :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Even those have displays these days. And at least you won't have to walk to get a drink or snack while reading.
Holy Carp, you're right!

I wonder if you can download library books on it?

Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Never liked reading on a desktop PC so I won't count that.

1. 2 Sony Clié
2. 2 Palm T|X (Both the Sonys and the Palms were pretty darn fragile)
3. Kindle 1 (now my Mom's)
4. Irex Iliad (wasted potential)
5. Cybook Gen3 (my daughter uses it)
6. iPod Touch
7. Samsung Q1 tablet PC (weight, battery life are the big negatives)
8. Kindle 2
9. MacBook Pro (not a bad experience)
10. Kindle DX (love the screen size, too bad PDF implementation is primitive)
11. HTC Imagio (for reading in small chunks on the go)
12. Foxit eSlick (a huge disappointment but I haven't had the time to update the firmware so maybe it's a little bit better)
13. Entourage Edge (I really like this reader, it renders both PDF and ePub superbly with great annotation capabilities. Plus, I love having the LCD side to use for other tasks.)

Yes, I'm a gadget addict.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #20
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Netbook (just for reference type books like free cookbooks)
Kindle 1 (primarily to share books with my mom and the Amazon store)
Jetbook (inexpensive basic reader, don't like the battery life)
Sony PRS-505 (still my reader of choice)

Those are the ones I've bought. I have also played with the iPhone, Kindle 2, Nook and the various Sony readers either in the stores or belonging to friends.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
After computer, which I don't really count, let me see:

iPaq 3950
Palm T|X (replaced the screen once, now it needs another)
Sony 505 (main reader though it's seen less use in the last couple of weeks while I've been playing on my new Droid.)
Moto Droid (always with me so I read on it fairly often)

I've also done a very little reading on my Nokia 6126 and my LG Neon but while the screens worked (not well but they worked) the available software made it a chore.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Are you sure it isn't a refrigerator??
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
  1. HP 100LX/200LX
  2. Apple Newton - 3 of total
  3. Various Palm devices
  4. Various Pocket PC's
  5. iLiad
  6. Sony 500
  7. Sony 505
  8. iphone
  9. Kindle 1
  10. Kindle DX
  11. iRex DR800SG
  12. Google Nexus One

Yes, I do have a gadget problem
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #24
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Timeline-wise:

Desktop PC
Dell Axim51 PDA
Cybook Gen 3
Irex iLiad
iPod Touch
Hanlin V3
Sony Reader 505
Irex DR1000s
Kindle 2
PocketBook 360
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #25
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I've been reading a few ebooks on PC's for the last few years but as far as actual ereaders:
* Sony 505 - Red
* Kindle 2 - wanted access to all the freebies that are put out for the Kindle. It has many nice features but I prefer the Sony.
* Astak Pocket Pro - Just got caught up in the excitement when it was first released. A nice little reader but I prefer the Sony.
* Another Sony 505 - Silver - was having trouble with the first one and felt I needed a spare because it was my favorite to use and they were no longer in production.
* Sony 300 - Rose - it's just so cute
* Sony 600 - wanted to try it out in case the 505's broke and I couldn't replace them
* Another Sony 505 - Blue - I wasn't crazy about the 600 and thought I should get another spare 505
* Another Sony 505 - Red - I really didn't like the blue color and the red one just makes me happy to use because it's so beautiful.
* eBookwise 1150 - bought one for my Dad for Christmas when they were $89 and figured I needed to have one because I'm tech support for him. I really like this reader but really wish it would accept epub and SD cards. It's perfect for reading in bed but the format flexibility and book capacity is a definite drawback.
* Ipod Touch - I didn't buy this as a reader but now use Stanza on it and Calibre to load books. I love the Touch, it fits in my pocket and is really handy to use when I just have a few minutes to read. If I'd known how nice it was I'd have skipped the Kindle 2 and got a Touch initially.
* Delstar OpenBook - I wanted something that had epub to use for reading in bed. This one is going back ASAP.

So, 11 reader devices since May 2009. I realize this is ridiculous. The Delstar is being returned and I definitely plan to sell the blue Sony 505 and the Sony 600 and possibly the Kindle and Pocket Pro. Overall my favorite reader is a Sony 505. I am really starting to want an Ipad though. If Stanza will work on a bigger scale like it does for the Touch I would really want one of these for reading in bed as even with a book light I have trouble with an e-ink reader. I'm going to wait until I read some good reviews on this site though, no matter how cool it is.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #26
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
So, 11 reader devices since May 2009. I realize this is ridiculous. The Delstar is being returned and I definitely plan to sell the blue Sony 505 and the Sony 600 and possibly the Kindle and Pocket Pro. Overall my favorite reader is a Sony 505. I am really starting to want an Ipad though. If Stanza will work on a bigger scale like it does for the Touch I would really want one of these for reading in bed as even with a book light I have trouble with an e-ink reader. I'm going to wait until I read some good reviews on this site though, no matter how cool it is.
Yees... perhaps it is a tad much much - but I bet it's been fun I've sold off those e-readers I didn't use. If two are too alike in functionality, I just ended up using only one of them anyway.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #27
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Four:
1. Desktop PC / laptop (still use it for reading manga, news)
2. Sony Clie TH55
3. Nokia E63
4. Onyx Boox 60
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
PC(Destop and Laptop)
Ebookman 911
My first cellphone. Got some reading done but screen was really to small for comfortable reading.
Sony PRS 600 which is my favorite
And an attempt to use my television as a large screen book reader somewhere along the line. Really did not work out. fonts came out to big, blocky, and chunky to read for extended periods of time.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
So far I've read on

Nook (Only at the store)
Sony 300 (At store)
Sony 600 (At store, mine will be here shortly)
Sony PSP (which got me hooked on ebooks)
Toshiba NB205 Netbook (glare is what made me really want a reader)
Kindle DX at a friends hosue
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #30
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
How many readers

I've started with Palm Pilots/Sony Clies in ca. 1997:
3 x Palm Pilot, 2 x Sony Clie.
Then I switched to Pocket PCs:
2 x Compaq, 3 x HP.
Then I've got BlackBerrys:
4 x BlackBerry.
In 2007, I switched to dedicated readers:
I've got 15 so far.

Plus: I've had 9 private Notebooks since 1996 and 4 private Desktop PCs.
And since 2008 1 x iMac and 1 x Mac mini.

So, in total it's about 50 gadgets, capable of reading eBooks since 1995.

EDIT: Totally forgot about iPone and iPod touch. And 5 Sony PSPs and 3 Nintendo DS.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-25-2010 at 01:10 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote