Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Sony T1 vs Kindle3 keyboard ¿photo?

Hello.

I am in doubt between this model and kindle touch, and I would like to know where I can find a video or a photo of the two models together.

greetings.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Kindle Touch is not out until November 21.

Best you will see for now is a comparison of Kindle 4 and PRS-T1: http://youtu.be/oUJGCSHcnOs?hd=1&t=3m41s

edit: just noticed you wanted to see comparison with Kindle Keyboard in thread title, maybe someone else can post some pictures if they own both

Last edited by log; 10-06-2011 at 12:12 AM.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Go for the Kindle. Less headaches than the T1.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Er.. why? you are entitled to that opinion of course, but it'd be nice if you'd elaborate a bit more than that. I do think it's a lot easier to buy books on Kindle, or has been until now, but I don't know why you would have "less headaches" otherwise.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Sorry Seajewel. I was having a bit of an irrational moment. I got my T1 and was having nothing but problems with it & the software. So far, and yes I do realize that I haven't played with it for long, it's a PITA to use. I use the Reader Library and have since I had my 300. I know some people have had issues with it but I didn't.

I don't sync everything I own onto it. I don't want to & I don't need to. I found it easy to use the Reader Library & happily did so. I cannot figure out how the heck to get the new Reader for PC to manually put specific books on it within the collections I have made onto my reader. It's all or nothing. Once the reader itself has synced with the computer I cannot delete within a collection or the collection itself. I can delete the book from the main Books category on the reader but then am left with a bunch of empty collections that I can't do anything with. I can't delete them or rename them or anything. It's been classed as being synced so I can't touch it. Ok so then shouldn't I be able to manage the collection on the reader through the software to delete or rename or whatever? Apparently not!

I know I'm being silly but I deauthorized the thing removed all the software for the new T1 from the computer & packed it back up ready to go back to the store. I don't want everything I own on the fool thing! I have a ton of books that I want to read. I don't want them mixed up with ones I've already read.

I found the help files to be useless. They say you can drag & drop but if you do the information probably won't display properly. Well, isn't that nice! lol eesh.

I don't know....maybe I'll try again but it shouldn't be this frustrating to want an enjoyable reading experience. I only have 13 days left to get my money back on the thing. I also found the touch to not be as responsive as the 350 and I abhor the black flashing of the refresh. I found it to be quite jarring. The flash on the 350 doesn't bother me. The flash when reading a book on the T1 doesn't bother me but when I'm on the browser trying to find a book or trying to organize the books on the reader, OMG it gives me a headache.

I suffer from migraines from a fractured skull years ago and I can't handle the black flashing all the time even when trying to look at the books in cover format over list format. It's quite jarring, at least to me anyways.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
@Shopaholic
Thanks for your explanation. Very interesting.

I hope that if I get the T1 in Germany there will be a new software.
I also hate the black refresh of the whole site.

Maybe Sony will make an update....hopefully....

btw, has anybody experience with the glare border - black or white?
I think about buying a skin from decalgirl (in Germany skins4u).
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
A black T-1 arrived on our doorstep today, for hubby. I'm pretty impressed with it. I never used the Reader Library software for my 950 and don't expect to bother with the new Sony software on the T-1 when I get one for myself. I like using Calibre and/or Windows Explorer with my Sony 950 and I expect I'll continue liking that once they have a dedicated T-1 driver for Calibre.

It's a blamed nice reader from what I can see so far. I think the touch is more responsive than on my 950, the screen contrast is definitely better, and it's nice to have the larger range of font sizes. The pinch/zoom works nicely, so does the page crop (only tested on auto).

Glare hasn't been too bad from what I've seen, but then again, it's hubby's, so I haven't settled in for a long read on it. I'm debating on what color I might want, kind of leaning towards either black (to be possibly be skinned) or white, since I didn't really mind the glossy white on my Nook. But I'd like to see the red shade in person... if it's a cool red, I might like that.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #8
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Kindle has worse screen though (photos by theonna @ the ebook org)

also confirmed by tomshardware.

PS
Kindle 3 vs T1 (again theonna)

more photos

Last edited by kartu; 10-07-2011 at 03:39 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Sorry Seajewel. I was having a bit of an irrational moment. I got my T1 and was having nothing but problems with it & the software. So far, and yes I do realize that I haven't played with it for long, it's a PITA to use. I use the Reader Library and have since I had my 300. I know some people have had issues with it but I didn't.

I don't sync everything I own onto it. I don't want to & I don't need to. I found it easy to use the Reader Library & happily did so. I cannot figure out how the heck to get the new Reader for PC to manually put specific books on it within the collections I have made onto my reader. It's all or nothing. Once the reader itself has synced with the computer I cannot delete within a collection or the collection itself. I can delete the book from the main Books category on the reader but then am left with a bunch of empty collections that I can't do anything with. I can't delete them or rename them or anything. It's been classed as being synced so I can't touch it. Ok so then shouldn't I be able to manage the collection on the reader through the software to delete or rename or whatever? Apparently not!

I know I'm being silly but I deauthorized the thing removed all the software for the new T1 from the computer & packed it back up ready to go back to the store. I don't want everything I own on the fool thing! I have a ton of books that I want to read. I don't want them mixed up with ones I've already read.

I found the help files to be useless. They say you can drag & drop but if you do the information probably won't display properly. Well, isn't that nice! lol eesh.

I don't know....maybe I'll try again but it shouldn't be this frustrating to want an enjoyable reading experience. I only have 13 days left to get my money back on the thing. I also found the touch to not be as responsive as the 350 and I abhor the black flashing of the refresh. I found it to be quite jarring. The flash on the 350 doesn't bother me. The flash when reading a book on the T1 doesn't bother me but when I'm on the browser trying to find a book or trying to organize the books on the reader, OMG it gives me a headache.

I suffer from migraines from a fractured skull years ago and I can't handle the black flashing all the time even when trying to look at the books in cover format over list format. It's quite jarring, at least to me anyways.
I don't get your problem. Drag + drop works just as well as syncing through software - in fact I just connected my T1 to my wifes laptop, didn't want to sync all the books that were in the software, so I dragged/dropped to the device itself (accessible from My Computer) the few books I wanted - and after disconnecting and letting them load for a few seconds - there they were, covers and all!
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
You need to relax a little. Take a deep breath. Its not that bad.

Ok are you talking about deleting from the computer or the device itself???

You can most certainly delete books from the device.https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152615 Look at the sixth post down.

As for the computer software. Ditch it. I never used it for my 650. I just use calibre. No fuss no muss.

I realize you posted this yesterday. I know you float around on the site daily, so you may have already found out this nugget of information.

Last edited by Tony1988; 10-07-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote