Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Pingu
Enthusiast
Pingu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Emailed doc waiting for Wifi conection-huh?

I am experimenting-and on day 2 of ownership so pls bear with me!

I 'bought' a free book from The Baen Library. I emailed it to my Kindle, that was all fine.

Now it is in effect pending on my Kindle and sitting there saying it is waiting for a Wifi connection to be able to deliver it.

But I have a 3G+Wifi K3, and my Wireless is on. So what is going on here??

Thanks so much!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Restart your Kindle.
-- and by restart, I mean restart through the menu options... rather than simply turning the screen off and back on with the switch. I'm not sure of the 'exact' menu options for the K3, but it should be similar to 'Home' -> 'Menu''->'Settings'->'Menu'-> 'Restart'.

I'm not saying that will work, but it has worked for a lot of users who find their books stuck in a similar 'pending' mode.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-07-2010 at 09:03 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Pingu
Enthusiast

Hi again. I restarted and no change.

I am confused. The Kindle won't connect to our home Wifi for reasons I can't figure out. I thought the 3G+Wifi auto-connected and I didn't need to put in my password.

Is this why things aren't downloading-because I'm not connected to ym own Wifi?

I am such a noob!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I thought the 3G+Wifi auto-connected and I didn't need to put in my password.
For 3G, there are no settings. For WiFi, the Kindle will auto-connect after you configure it the first time. You have to put your WiFi password in at least once.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Pingu
Enthusiast

Sorry to keep posting-my Wifi is now connected BUT the emailed doc and sample chapters are still pending.

Arghhh-any clues. I am letting the K3 have a wee rest now.

Thanx
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Pingu
Enthusiast

Thx Diap for being so patient-blush.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
That is really strange. Ordinarily, any pending downloads for wifi download within minutes after the wifi comes back on.

If the downloads are still pending, call Amazon CS (don't email) and you should have it worked out. Amazon CS is the best.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
Pingu
Enthusiast

I let it have a snooze over night and this morning it had downloaded my pedning things but it still left a message saying there was stuff pening, but I just deleted that.

Today I am experimenting with Project Gutenberg and all seems ok.

Thanks so much.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #9
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Amazon CS is the best.

When sending an email they don't even read what you are writing....just like all other customer services too.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote