Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
The Classic Tales Podcast

In looking for bookish podcasts on iTunes I came across The Classic Tales Podcast, where someone named BJ Harrison narrates classic stories and posts them once a week. Last night I completed Jules Verne's Around the World in Eighty Days, and I found the narration to be excellent. This is also where I listened to my first Father Brown mystery (The Invisible Man). There's also a store (and a few freebies).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
In looking for bookish podcasts on iTunes I came across The Classic Tales Podcast, where someone named BJ Harrison narrates classic stories and posts them once a week. Last night I completed Jules Verne's Around the World in Eighty Days, and I found the narration to be excellent. This is also where I listened to my first Father Brown mystery (The Invisible Man). There's also a store (and a few freebies).
Thanks - this looks very intriguing - I'll add it to the Audio Dramas thread

Apps are available for the podcast (Amazon and iOS - $1.99 each). Unfortunately, the archives only go back to episode 355. I'm sitting on a ton of coins, so I'll probably get this one.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks - this looks very intriguing - I'll add it to the Audio Dramas thread

Apps are available for the podcast (Amazon and iOS - $1.99 each). Unfortunately, the archives only go back to episode 355. I'm sitting on a ton of coins, so I'll probably get this one.
I didn't know there was an app as well; I listen in the iOS podcast app. Thanks for the heads-up
Old 08-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I didn't know there was an app as well; I listen in the iOS podcast app. Thanks for the heads-up
The app lets you listen to the podcasts directly from the app. Great for Android, but since you can already do this from the iOS podcast app, I fail to see the point of an iOS app.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard

The Classic Tales Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The app lets you listen to the podcasts directly from the app. Great for Android, but since you can already do this from the iOS podcast app, I fail to see the point of an iOS app.

The app would be great for my Samsung thingy, which is way more portable than the iPad. And I checked on Amazon - it's compatible with my device

Last edited by Loosheesh; 08-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The app would be great for Samsung thingy, which is way more portable than the iPad. And I checked on Amazon - it's compatible with my device
Glad it will work. Gingerbread is getting very dated and apps are deserting it left and right. It's funny how this app is available at Amazon, but not Google. Usually, it's the other way around.