Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
"Open Containing Folder" no longer working

For some reason "Open Containing Folder" no longer works, whether I select it from the right click menu or hit O. It started before I updated to 0.71 (in fact that is why I updated). I think I had 0.68 before that. I'm running calibre on Vista Home Premium 64 bit. My calibre library is on a networked drive. If I select "Show Book Details" and then click on the link to the folder it opens it fine. Any ideas?
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is your network drive mapped?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Is your network drive mapped?
The path to my library is C:\My Dropbox\CalibreLibrary and open containing folder has stopped working on my Windows XP sp3 machine running Calibre 0.7.2.

I'm unsure if this worked on 0.7.1 because I was waiting a few days for 0.7.2 before getting more active on the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matanic View Post
If I select "Show Book Details" and then click on the link to the folder it opens it fine. Any ideas?
Thanks for the work around.

Update: I use this feature all of the time it definitely worked on 0.6.55

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-11-2010 at 09:52 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The path to my library is C:\My Dropbox\CalibreLibrary and open containing folder has stopped working on my Windows XP sp3 machine running Calibre 0.7.2.

I'm unsure if this worked on 0.7.1 because I was waiting a few days for 0.7.2 before getting more active on the new version.

Thanks for the work around.

Update: I use this feature all of the time it definitely worked on 0.6.55
It works with a normal drive (internal). I have been using that and "Open with...Sigil" to fine tune the appearance.

Windows XP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
It doesn't work for me either. I have my Calibre library on internal drive "f:\ebooks\Calibre Library". Clicking "Show book details" works for me also.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
matanic
Enthusiast

Yes my network drive is mapped. Everything was exactly the same as it is now when it worked before.

Also I just discovered that the "test" of the regex for adding books isn't working either. Even if I put in a file name that is definitely importing metadata correctly, when I click the Test button, nothing shows up in the different fields.

Last edited by matanic; 06-12-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
The path to my library is C:\My Dropbox\CalibreLibrary
It works with a normal drive (internal). I have been using that and "Open with...Sigil" to fine tune the appearance.

Windows XP
On a Windows machine it doesn't get more normal then the C:\ drive.

I have been using it as well but it currently doesn't work.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Never mind, the talk of network drives through me off. Problem found and fixed, will be in 0.7.3.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Never mind, the talk of network drives through me off. Problem found and fixed, will be in 0.7.3.
Excellent!

Quote:
Also I just discovered that the "test" of the regex for adding books isn't working either. Even if I put in a file name that is definitely importing metadata correctly, when I click the Test button, nothing shows up in the different fields.
I have never used this but I recall a conversation where they said for the test to work you have to have the book extension (.epub or .txt etc...) in the test window.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
matanic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks, kovidgoyal!! That was so fast!

Quote:
I have never used this but I recall a conversation where they said for the test to work you have to have the book extension (.epub or .txt etc...) in the test window.
That may be what I was doing wrong, I don't remember if I added the extension or not. I'm currently on a different computer with an older version of calibre so I can't check, but I'll try it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
matanic
Enthusiast

I never downloaded 0.7.3, didn't get around to it, but I just installed 0.7.4 and the "open containing folder" still isn't working for me. Did the fix work for anyone else?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I never downloaded 0.7.3, didn't get around to it, but I just installed 0.7.4 and the "open containing folder" still isn't working for me. Did the fix work for anyone else?
Like a champ (XP pro SP3) There is also a link now in the "comments" pane if visible.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
The fix works great (Windows XP sp3). Both the right click and the shortcut work fine for me. With the addition of the link in the book details area I find myself using this link more then the shortcut or right clicking to open the folder.

Do you see the Click to Open link in the book details window?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
matanic
Enthusiast

Yeah I see the link and I tried it too, it doesn't work either. And the work around I was using (click the link in "show book details window) isn't working either. I had trouble installing 0.7.4 (the first time through the installation failed and I had to run it again), so I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling. I would like to know if the fix worked for anyone using Vista 64bit. Thanks for your responses!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
matanic
Enthusiast

Okay after doing a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling it still isn't working. I did a little test and changed the location of my calibre library to a location on the c: drive (with just a few test files). Everything works perfectly that way. Unfortunately I can't actually move my calibre library to that location. So now my issue is definitely the fact that my calibre library is on a networked drive. Anybody got any ideas?