Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
superanima
W2E & ePub freak
superanima began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 + boox60
Unwanted space between paragraphs

When I convert odt to mobi I get this strange output with space between paragraphs, this didn't happened with previous versions of calibre...
Didn't know which settings I must check/uncheck...
superanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the remove space between paragraph setting
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
superanima
W2E & ePub freak
superanima began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 + boox60
Thanks
superanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have a simular problem and the "Remove spacing between paragraphs" has been overkill.
I have 0.6.17 and am converting ##.txt files to MOBI. I use the "Treat each line as a paragraph" setting and end up with a blank line between each paragraph. If I use the "Remove spacing..." it removes all extra blank lines even those between chapters and breaks in the story. Is there any way to remove the extra blank line added by the conversion but leave the ones within the original text file?
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote