Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
calibre Exact Update Procedure Needed - Please

I'm now ready to update my version of calibre, which is:

I wish to update to the newest version, without losing any of my ebooks (of course! ) It's been awhile since I updated, as you can see by my version number. But now...I'm ready. Yes, I'm ready.

An enumerated procedure would be appreciated.

Also, do I need to be aware of any problems/issues?

Thanks, everyone.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
An enumerated procedure would be appreciated.
1. Install new version.
2. Run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Also, do I need to be aware of any problems/issues?
wow. I would say do two things first.

1. Back up your library db to somewhere.
2. Do a Save to disk of ALL files to some location that will NOT be your new db folder. This way, you can always import that to the new version if you have problems.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually the newest version of calibre no longer automatically imports books from library1.db

To import your old library, upgrade as Pilot bob described, then run the following command in a terminal

Code:
calibre-debug --migrate c:\path\to\library1.db c:\path\to\your\new\library\folder
Make your the new library folder exists and if either of the paths have spaces in them, enclose them with quotes
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote