Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
PRS-500 Error loading to main memory

I have a Sony PRS-500. When I try to load a file to it from Calibre specifying Main Memory as the target I am getting the following:
Code:
Job: **Upload 1 books to device:Full Moon Rising**
**PathError**: Could not create file /Data/media/books/Full_Moon_Rising_-_Keri_Arthur_1840.lrf. Response code: 0xffffffd7L
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 141, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 159, in run_session
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 869, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 688, in put_file
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 654, in touch
PathError: Could not create file /Data/media/books/Full_Moon_Rising_-_Keri_Arthur_1840.lrf. Response code: 0xffffffd7L
'
Any ideas on how to resolve this? Should I be raising a ticket or is it a known issue?

Strangly enough if I specify the storage card as the target I get no problem reported. I was also earlier able to delete files from main memory using Calibre.

I wanted to use main memory as I believe that on the PRS-500 Collections are only supported using Main memory - not the Storage card. If this is not correct perhaps someone could mention it.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Calibre 0.4.120.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ffffd7 indicates a path not found error, which likely means that the folder structure of your internal memory is corrupted. You can try to recreate /Data/media/books with

prs500 mkdir /Data/media
prs500 mkdir /Data/media/books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Thanks - the command to re-create the books folder seems to have done the trick (the first one failed saying the folder already existed).

Just for interest, every time I ran the prs500 command I got a message stating

C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\devices\prs500\p rstypes.py:173: DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

though the command seemed to execute OK
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote