Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
pearlheartgtr
pearlheartgtr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobi2html not working

I had the program working fine and converted a few mobi books with no problems. Suddenly, mobi2html seems to not be responding. It makes an unpack folder and that's about it. I even tried to convert the books I had already converted and it does the same thing.

Here's a pic of where it stops:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobi2html.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	18040
pearlheartgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did you try using mobi2oeb (part of Calibre) or mobihuff (another python script floating around)? The book may be compressed, and mobi2html doesn't work on the compressed books. The error message usually says so, though, so I may be wrong.

I think mobi2oeb works on everything that's not DRM'd, though.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
pearlheartgtr
pearlheartgtr began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can convert with mobihuff but I get no images.

As I said, I had no problems before (had only 2 books that couldn't be decompressed--it had an error message about huff compression). And I tried to convert books I already had success with and it just stopped.
pearlheartgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did you try using mobi2oeb (part of Calibre) or mobihuff (another python script floating around)? The book may be compressed, and mobi2html doesn't work on the compressed books. The error message usually says so, though, so I may be wrong.
mobi2html works on standard compressed books. But it does not work if the secret huffdic compression scheme have been used. Sometimes I might include huffdic support but I personally feel that books should not be compressed in that format since it is not documented.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Have you seen Ebook::Tools?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Have you seen Ebook::Tools?
I have not looked at it yet. It is on the TODO-list.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote