Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Cool 5€-cover for the Cybook

I finally found a cover for my Cybook that is stable enough to be put it into my bag with other stuff without having to worry that the cybook will get twisted, squashed or otherwise damaged and does still allow me to read while protecting the Cybook.

The best part is that it only cost 5€.

I took a notebook with the right size and height (A5, 96 pages) and cut out the middlepart, glued together the pages of the "frame".

I have to say that even though I own a standardcover for the cybook the selfmade one feels like a lot more protection for the simple reason that it cannot be compressed like the original one.

I'm not going to give up the standardcover for couch-reading, but for my way to university I feel a lot safer now, nowing that my Cybook won't get crunched between my other books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0001.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	604.6 KB
ID:	17097   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	17098   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	17099   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	528.5 KB
ID:	17100   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0005.JPG
Views:	576
Size:	567.6 KB
ID:	17101  
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Hey, that is a great idea !
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Cool!!!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nice work, but it really kills usability, doesn't it? I assume you use it while it is in the cover/pad considering how you have the button cutout there.

Also, I don't think this will protect you from something dropping on it where the screen it. Dropped book on edge for example. Personally, I would say a metal DVD case to put it in while no being used would be more protection.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
In fact it doesn't really kill usability (at least not for me)- I didn't yet cut out holes for buttons, and for simple reading I wont need them - if I come across a situation where I need anything else but the centerbutton for reading I will.

Actually I picked a notebook with extra stiff covers and I have to say I'm positive they are even more stable than all the tin-dvd-covers I came across so far.

The idea was to find something that is as safe as tin-box and as easy to use as a normal cover - besides that I hope that it does reduce the chance of pickpockets snatching it when they decide to peek into my bag
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It's a book in a book. I like it. You could also say a bookeen squared
Good idea.
pthwaite is online now   Reply With Quote