Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
An epub is not a folder or directory. So for some reason you are trying to open a folder that you have just named .epub and not an actual epub file itself. An epub is actually a zipped archive and thus is a single file not a folder/directory.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Also, the only way you'll get that particular error (that I can tell), is if you pass the path to a directory that's pretending to be an epub as an argument to Sigil on the command line. None of Sigil's fileopen dialogs should allow you to attempt to open a directory for editing.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
That's my favorite trick. Add a group of graphics, then suddenly there's a file called "pspbrowse.jbf" lurking in the misc section. And to the credit of the programmers/maintainers of Sigil--whomever they might be (uh-hem!)--Sigil takes it in stride very gracefully.
Paint Shop Pro Thumbnail Browser?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #34
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Paint Shop Pro Thumbnail Browser?
(head hanging in shame...) um-hum.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(head hanging in shame...) um-hum.
Hey, I still use PSP8 on my XP machine since that does not have the neat 'Snipping tool" that W7 and 10 have (I never did W8)
Advert
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #36
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hey, I still use PSP8 on my XP machine since that does not have the neat 'Snipping tool" that W7 and 10 have (I never did W8)
Yeah, I'm not much of a graphics guy. A little cropping, resizing, and sometimes making a graphic transparent so it's not like staring into a flashlight when reading in the dark at night mode. You know that "advance to the highest level of incompetence" thing? I decided long ago that anything with more capability than PSP7 could potentially make me a danger to myself and society.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #37
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Golly, and I thought I was being all behind-hand by sticking with Paint Shop Pro v 9. It is only 11 years old, after all, and does what I need. I am on Window8, but going to have to buy a new pc soon, which unfortunately will force W10 on me. I don't know if my PSP will still continue to work; I will be heart-broken if it fails me...

EDIT:
AFTERTHOUGHT--- Maybe this is why JASC ended up selling out PSP to COREL --- the old versions keep on providing what the user wants --- no need to upgrade, no new purchases for a long, long time...
(Apple could take a lesson)

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-20-2017 at 02:51 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #38
JustinThought
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Golly, and I thought I was being all behind-hand by sticking with Paint Shop Pro v 9. It is only 11 years old, after all, and does what I need. I am on Window8, but going to have to buy a new pc soon, which unfortunately will force W10 on me. I don't know if my PSP will still continue to work; I will be heart-broken if it fails me...

EDIT:
AFTERTHOUGHT--- Maybe this is why JASC ended up selling out PSP to COREL --- the old versions keep on providing what the user wants --- no need to upgrade, no new purchases for a long, long time...
(Apple could take a lesson)
Which is why I build my own computer. Although I shouldn't say "build," since all I am doing is putting parts together like tinkertoys. It's not as hard as you might think. (Proof: I can do it ) But I won't get stuck with that POS known as Windows 10. Or 8. Was there a 9? I'll force myself to learn to get along with Linux before I'll do that.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Which is why I build my own computer. Although I shouldn't say "build," since all I am doing is putting parts together like tinkertoys. It's not as hard as you might think. (Proof: I can do it ) But I won't get stuck with that POS known as Windows 10. Or 8. Was there a 9? I'll force myself to learn to get along with Linux before I'll do that.
No 9 because that would have broken many a 'OS level Test' 9x
Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #40
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Could we please move this discussion back on topic?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, calibre, sigil