Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #661
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
yes.

it should has & at the end like koreader.sh has.
thanks sergey - so Launcher.sh in fmon should not have the &, while koreader.sh must have the &, is this correct?

Anyhow I am afraid this does not seem to work for me...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #662
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks sergey - so Launcher.sh in fmon should not have the &, while koreader.sh must have the &, is this correct?

Anyhow I am afraid this does not seem to work for me...
no, they both should have & at the end.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #663
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My launcher.sh:
$root/.kobo/fmon/fmon $root/launcher.png $root/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &

My koreader.sh:
$root/.kobo/fmon/fmon $root/koreader.png $root/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh &

My koreader_kobo.sh:

#!/bin/sh
export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

# we're always starting from our working directory
cd /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/

# export trained OCR data directory
export TESSDATA_PREFIX="data"

# export dict directory
export STARDICT_DATA_DIR="data/dict"

# Decrease the reasons for crashes. Search forum for cgm999's explanation.
exec 3<&-

# Stop nickel and related processes
killall nickel
killall adobehost
killall dbus-daemon
killall hindenburg

# Start USBnet
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh

# finally call reader
./reader.lua /mnt/onboard 2> crash.log

# continue with nickel

reboot

I don't think the Start USBnet line is working anymore, though.

By the way I have all three on my desktop so I can easily copy them over any update changes.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #664
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
no, they both should have & at the end.

gosh, the beauty of language, i had misunderstood you, and thought the "&" should have gone!
Well, it finally works perfectly well, many thanks to you, Ken, Marksimus and Giorgio for your patient help!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #665
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
added this but when browsing library when it got to spot where koreader was shown a file list appeared and couldn't do anything after that just froze there...a reset was only way to solve issue!

reader is touch n905
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #666
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
added this but when browsing library when it got to spot where koreader was shown a file list appeared and couldn't do anything after that just froze there...a reset was only way to solve issue!

reader is touch n905
OK, what build of the Koreader are you using?
When you select the koreader entry in the kobo library, does the frontlight come on? Does it say "FileManager" at the top of the page?

What do you see if you poke the "../" item?

Try touching the F in FileManager. You should see a menu. The house icon should reboot back to your home page.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-23-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #667
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
OK, what build of the Koreader are you using?
When you select the koreader entry in the kobo library, does the frontlight come on? Does it say "FileManager" at the top of the page?

What do you see if you poke the "../" item?

Try touching the F in FileManager. You should see a menu. The house icon should reboot back to your home page.

Luck;
Ken
latest nightly...

frontlight?? there isn't one...no doesn't say filemanager just a list of directories and files...

kobo is frozen no response...

and if I leave it on the touch I cannot navigate past the icon in the library... always opens the list..
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #668
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Right, the original Touch. What firmware, the first post of this thread includes an explanation of the need to use an older version for devices using firmware 2.5.x and below. The link for that version is there also. Once you have it working you can proceed from there.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #669
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, in fact I think all the latest nightlies are build for armhf, so will only work with firmware > 2.6...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #670
lohtse
Groupie

Quote:
Right, the original Touch. What firmware, the first post of this thread includes an explanation of the need to use an older version for devices using firmware 2.5.x and below. The link for that version is there also. Once you have it working you can proceed from there.

Luck;
Ken
fw 2.61
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #671
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Perhaps a Touch owner who is using Koreader can be of more help. Sorry, I don't know what it may take to get it working on your Touch.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #672
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I have installed 602, and it seems that the margin problem (reopen book and margins are small, even though they are set to large) has returned. Also the font size weirdness, as explained in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=646 has not been fixed.

Otherwise, thanks again for a great programme!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #673
lohtse
Groupie

Quote:
Perhaps a Touch owner who is using Koreader can be of more help. Sorry, I don't know what it may take to get it working on your Touch.

Luck;
Ken
thanks anyway...

for those who may be able to help..

Touch with FW 2.61.. Koreader (just reinstalled latest nightly)

if I browser library as soon as get to the apps icon in list it opens a filemanager(says filemanager at top) will not allow me to move round list nor advance a page. will not open an ebook etc..screen has frozen..Only way to fix issue is a full shut down...Same issue if I choose to ope app myself..Had to uninstall by deleting koreader folder and Icon..

hope some one can help..
regards
Lohtse
Old 10-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #674
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
thanks anyway...

for those who may be able to help..

Touch with FW 2.61.. Koreader (just reinstalled latest nightly)

if I browser library as soon as get to the apps icon in list it opens a filemanager(says filemanager at top) will not allow me to move round list nor advance a page. will not open an ebook etc..screen has frozen..Only way to fix issue is a full shut down...Same issue if I choose to ope app myself..Had to uninstall by deleting koreader folder and Icon..

hope some one can help..
regards
Lohtse
Did you try tapping everywhere on the screen? even in places that look just empty? I always had the doubt that with Touch the screen coordinates are swapped, so this could be the cause.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #675
lohtse
Groupie

yep think I tap every mm of the screen lol