Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #631
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Both 561 and 566 have a serious defect in dictionary lookup.
I've seen your bug report, however I have no clue on solving it since I've never worked on that aspect. I could try though...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #632
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Great! Chrox is doing some work on it, but it is not working like build 545, yet. I hope it gets fixed before I try to enhance koreader with support for ancient Greek dictionary lookup.

It is in that line that I tried dictionary support for german Fraktur. It already has a dictionary, so it only puts a strain on the OCR side. Once I get the ancient Greek dicitonary in utf-8 format done, we'll see whether the lookup for non standard symbols holds up.

Would you already have an idea why the Aura HD's get the permission errors with suspend.sh?

Last edited by Markismus; 10-16-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #633
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Would you already have an idea why the Aura HD's get the permission errors with suspend.sh?
That's another thing that is bugging me. I have no idea and looking up the error online does not return anything useful.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #634
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
sorry guys, do you get dictionary support for pdf in any build?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #635
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
New build 570 available.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #636
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
What's new in it?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #637
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
What's new in it?
I have just installed, and can't see any obvious changes.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 AM   #638
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sorry guys, do you get dictionary support for pdf in any build?
I get dictionary support for english, german, Fraktur (gothic german) and I am working on getting support for ancient greek.

The highlighting works (545 at least).

Only notes remain, if I remember your request correctly...

Of course you have to fill the dict directory with Stardict dictionaries and the tessdata directory with TesseractOCR data. If you do that you get lookup for text pdf's both with/without reflow mode and scanned pdf's in reflow mode.

In 1-Step-Hack I included the English TesseractOCR data and Wordnet dictionary.

Last edited by Markismus; 10-16-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #639
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I have just installed, and can't see any obvious changes.
That's actually a good sign :-) Only some implementation details changed - i.e. no interface parts. Good to know that nothing got really broken.

This is the commit log which might give an idea what happened in the codebase:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/commits/master

When there is even minor development activity, new nightlies will be build. They might be irrelevant from a user's perspective.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #640
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I get dictionary support for english, german, Fraktur (gothic german) and I am working on getting support for ancient greek.

The highlighting works (545 at least).

Only notes remain, if I remember your request correctly...

Of course you have to fill the dict directory with Stardict dictionaries and the tessdata directory with TesseractOCR data. If you do that you get lookup for text pdf's both with/without reflow mode and scanned pdf's in reflow mode.

In 1-Step-Hack I included the English TesseractOCR data and Wordnet dictionary.
mmh, interesting - I do have all the dictionaries, but installed in a separate directory to avoid having to update it at every build. Maybe I've done something wrong linking there, I'll check, but thanks a lot, at least now I know it's me :-)

EDIT: got it, forgot to amend the koreader_kobo.sh file, thanks (I had reinstalled filemonitor, and forget to tell it to go look for this file in the .kobo directory)!

Last edited by paola; 10-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #641
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
mmh, interesting - I do have all the dictionaries, but installed in a separate directory to avoid having to update it at every build. Maybe I've done something wrong linking there, I'll check, but thanks a lot, at least now I know it's me :-)

EDIT: got it, forgot to amend the koreader_kobo.sh file, thanks (I had reinstalled filemonitor, and forget to tell it to go look for this file in the .kobo directory)!
Ancient Greek is underway. The dictionary is here. The lookup crashes build 545, though. In the next build special characters are represented correctly, too.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #642
paola
Wizard

that's very kind marksimus!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #643
jlynton
Evangelist

New build 583, margins are correctly restored when re-opening book.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #644
Markismus
Guru

Ancient Language Dictionary Support

Ancient Greek dictionary support is working rudimentary! It works for non-reflow text, but not yet in reflow mode.
  1. the code needed will be in the next nightly (after build 583).
  2. the dictionary is Liddell-Scott-Jones 126k words

For now it doesn't seem to work in reflow-mode. But when it will, you'll need
  1. OCR-data for Ancient Greek. (Decompress and copy to koreader/data/tessdata.)
  2. Change the following lines in default.lua to:
    -- document languages for OCR
    DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DOC_LANGS_TEXT = {"English", "Chinese_S", "Ancient Greek"}
    DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DOC_LANGS_CODE = {"eng", "chi_sim", "grc"}

A small Latin-English dictionary can be downloaded here. (Remember to decompress the dict.dz-file, before copying the ifo-, idx- and dict-files to the koreader/data/dict directory)
Old 10-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #645
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Can somebody, please, move bottom settings panel to center and make bottom touch area turning page forward?
Latest builds are cosmetic adjustments for dictionaries and margins, but usability of Koreader is somehow left aside
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote