Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Spontaneous Random Reboots

So, I've had 5 random reboots so far today, including one that happened less than 10 minutes after I finally allowed my Arc to update to its latest Jelly Bean version (build no. JRO03L773, kernel 3.0.31, build@kb-bd-lin32-001 #1, May 7th)

Anyone else been getting them lately? :/

EDIT: Random reboot number 6...

EDIT 2: And that seems to be the last one. For now. Hasn't spontaneously rebooted yet today, though nothing on my system changed.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 06-16-2013 at 02:24 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
debug using logcat

http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

...and now they're back. This time with the added bonus of it sometimes staying on the colored "koboarc" splash screen for nearly a minute before switching to the confetti stream animation.

Hmm. Starting to think it's might be Twitter's fault - I normally have it up, even when the Arc's idle (which is when most of the reboots have happened). One of the reboots was while I was in Google Currents (but Twitter was in the background) and two of the others when trying to refresh Twitter.

EDIT: Reboot 2... (9:20am)
EDIT: Reboot 3... (9:26am)
EDIT: Reboot 4... (11:15am; this time Twitter wasn't even active, at least not on the multitasking list)
EDIT: Reboot 5... (3:40pm; had it off for a couple of hours while out, so uptime about an hour and it rebooted when I was swiping away Twitter)

EDIT: As for using logcat, I've no idea how to get the SDK up and running (and the Arc recognized properly) to be able to start running adb commands... :/

Last edited by JD Gumby; 06-19-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
str8edgedave
str8edgedave began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc & Kobo Mini
Have you tried clearing the davlik cache? I was experiencing a few weird problems with my Arc (64GB) that were resolved by clearing the cache.
str8edgedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

Looked up the Dalvik cache. Requires root - which we don't have access to.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 06-19-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Question

I have started having this problem within the last week or so, and it is getting worse each day! I've tried clearing the cache (power off/volume), and it has not helped. I've checked for updates and it says there are none. I'm at a total loss as to how to fix this, or what went wrong to begin with.

I think I'm down to a factory reset, which I hate doing as I have customized my arc (different launcher, etc) quite a bit.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct it, or what might suddenly be causing it?
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2402769

another option, root is available, working on mine
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
root

oops double post
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote