Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #541
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #542
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Artbatista, I'll work on multiple file downloads for the following versions. It can be done. Is it ok for you if we discuss the beta version by email?

Trauma Doll, if you're interested in beta testing, I still have a couple of slots available. It should just be a couple of minutes to get the uuid.
PM'd you (thanks Faterson for the iTunes clue), let me know if you need the info via a different medium.
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #543
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
That's fine Trauma Doll. I'll write you soon.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #544
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
If you choose to hide the status bar while reading in Marvin, will it also suppress notifications? Anyone know?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #545
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs up

Do you mean iOS notifications? No, they still appear as expected, popping up either in the center of your screen or at the top, depending on your iOS Settings. Marvin's own notifications appear, too (such as the 15/30/45/60-minute timer).
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #546
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Notifications will appear normally.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #547
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
thanks you for this really clean / fast app, love it.

I'm waiting the own OPDS browse and it will be the perfect app in replacement of ibook

thank you !
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #548
kguil
Addict

Thanks Gaspine. Glad you like it.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #549
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's probably not allowed by apple, but wouldn't it be cool if you could disable notifications on a per app basis? Like turn off notifications while Marvin is active. Just dreaming on that one, I suppose...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #550
kguil
Addict

I'm not sure there is a method to do that. I'll look around, but as you say, I'm sure apple won't like it.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #551
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
It's probably not allowed by apple, but wouldn't it be cool if you could disable notifications on a per app basis? Like turn off notifications while Marvin is active. Just dreaming on that one, I suppose...
You (the user) can do this, through the settings app.
I'd be very surprised if kguil (as an app developer) was allowed to change another app's notification setting.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #552
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I don't think it's possible to accomplish what MeSue mentioned ("turn off notifications while Marvin is active").
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #553
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I'd be very surprised if kguil (as an app developer) was allowed to change another app's notification setting.
Yeah, I know... Just dreaming, really. Problem is, I turn them off and then forget to put them back on. But, now that I think about it... I can probably reduce my notifications on the iPad since I get a lot of the same ones on my phone.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #554
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

I did an article on Marvin. Would love your comments!
http://www.geekintheforest.com/marvin-review/
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #555
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Thumbs up

A very nice, meticulously crafted review "from the forest". And the title says it all! I wanted to leave some feedback right there, but Safari on iPad seems to have a problem with the comments input field on that page.
Closed Thread