Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
HP Touchpad will be available in July (wifi version)

Not sure if posted already, but here we go ..

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webo.../touchpad.html

Starting at 499.00 ...

I think that confirmed or so far, Amazon Kindle app. is already available on WebOs market.

Last edited by jocampo; 06-10-2011 at 07:12 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Hmm. HP WebOS. I can see the advantages of not going with Android, or even WP, but the disadvantages may be steep as well.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I rather like WebOS. I'd like to see if it works well enough in a tablet environment. Having had a Palm Pre and enjoying the OS (minus the occasional "too many cards" error), I was excited to hear that there would be a tablet with WebOS.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
WebOs will be also used on some HP laptops! ;-)

I like WebOs a lot but for the Touchpad would like to see how many apps have been developed or how many will be.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Despite the fact that WebOS has a great UI (arguably more polished than Android's), I don't see this succeeding in the sea of other similar competitors.

The iPad is different, because it lives in a complete Apple ecosystem. But this Touchpad?

I don't know.... Why would anyone chose it over the competition, which has an edge both in the sheer number of applications available, and in name recognition?

If HP was smart, they would have filled the void above 9.7" and pushed something like 12", selling the bigger screen to all those who want to read PDFs (students, professionals, etc.), as well as more immersive gaming and movie experience.

At 9.7" and similar specs to everyone else, I'd say it's a loser, and unfortunately, will fail to gain the critical mass it needs to survive.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
looks nice! simply because I'm not a big fan of Apple, I like almost everything else. Gee, whenever I see those tablets I wish I have a well-paid job...
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote