Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Question Mixing of Loading Methods

I was wondering if mixing of loading my Nook between Calibre transfer and direct to card transfer from my iMac will screw up Calibre's library?

I was going to take an already 'Calibre loaded' microSD card and move more content to it using my iMac's card reader.

Will this mess Calibre's accounting of things up? Does Calibre use pointer files to keep track of what's on the card and what's not?

Thanks in advance!
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That should work- I've done it once or twice. Calibre might take some time to rebuild its metadata cache the next time you connect the device, but apart from that, nothing should happen.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There is a file calibre puts on the device called something like .calibre.metadata. When you connect he device to calibre it looks at the books listed in it. If they've changed or if it finds books on the device not referenced by the file it updates the file.

There is no danger in mixing using calibfe and manually copying files to the device. These situations are accounted for.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks gents! I had tons of trouble just getting the Nook to list contents properly when I first got it. Was manually loading then. Wanted to make sure before I screwed things up again. Sure different than an iOS device!
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote