Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
new heuristics - how are conversion choices saved

new features look good.

however I have a geeky question about how they are saved.

I backup my entire calibre library regularly - if I were ( stupidly) to access the backup library with an older version of calibre, will it have any trouble reading structure detect / heuristc saved individual conversion records, as it will be looking for old-style & finding new style.

actually a more realistic scenario would be if I hit a but in 7.42 & had to roll back to 7.40 for a while - would it cope new option setting saved data ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
They would be ignored since they don't exist. Be careful with rolling back though. Going back a version or two usually isn't a problem but the metadata db from time to time gets an update and using a newer version of the metadata db with an older version of calibre is not supported.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert