Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #436
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post

Bad Neighbor by Molly O'Keefe
Thanks! I've read a lot of her HQN stuff, but I haven't read any of her 'spicier' self-pub'd writing (most? all? under M O'Keefe).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #437
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Thanks! I've read a lot of her HQN stuff, but I haven't read any of her 'spicier' self-pub'd writing (most? all? under M O'Keefe).
This one is pretty spicy, but also a good story. I read it through KU awhile back and enjoyed it.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #438
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Thing About Love (FBI/US Attorney #7) by Julie James (B+/4 stars)

Also up to Grocery Shopping in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread (chronological order).

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 4-23.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	156343  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #439
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I read Lady Notorious by Jo Beverley. I didn't like it. 2 stars but it was a such a horrible book. I've no desire to know the rest of the family.

I then read Splendid by Julia Quinn and loved it! I read it in one sitting. 4.5 stars. This is a laugh out loud regency.

I'm reading Dancing at Midnight by Julia Quinn. I'm also reading Soulless by Gail Carriger.

No purchases this week.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #440
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
This one is pretty spicy, but also a good story. I read it through KU awhile back and enjoyed it.
The thing with her, I know she can write a good story, so her books should be readable regardless of the genre. So many of the erotica authors have no clue how to write a story (ok, I'm generalizing but I've yet to find one!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Thing About Love (FBI/US Attorney #7) by Julie James (B+/4 stars)
I was a bit disappointed in this book. I love how Julie James writes; the book had her usual snarkiness, but I didn't like the heroine dwelling on their past, that wasn't really a relationship except in an adversarial fashion. I think my grade would be more a B-.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #441
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was a bit disappointed in this book. I love how Julie James writes; the book had her usual snarkiness, but I didn't like the heroine dwelling on their past, that wasn't really a relationship except in an adversarial fashion. I think my grade would be more a B-.
Even though it was rushed, the romance worked much better for me in this book than in the previous two books.

Their undercover op was rather bland, but I enjoyed the he-said/she-said exploration of their past vs how they were now.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #442
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
The thing with her, I know she can write a good story, so her books should be readable regardless of the genre. So many of the erotica authors have no clue how to write a story (ok, I'm generalizing but I've yet to find one!).

I thought about naming a couple but usually the story gets kind of lost or way lost.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #443
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
For spicy reads, not erotica, my two favorites are Gennita Low and Christine Feehan (her Ghostwalker series).
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #444
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I was having problems getting into Harlequin today. Finally started working and they have redesigned the Home page. There is a WISHLIST Button in the upper right. When you type something in the search box book covers and titles come up and you can actually click on one to view it (don't believe the previous search was clickable).
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:12 AM   #445
ferrywoman
Groupie
ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Air 2
Yeah, had a feeling that was what they were doing. I don't know why they had to time it on a release day. It took them about 24 hours to implement the changes.

I don't like that they're using the blue "Add to Cart" button across the board now, even for yet-to-be-released books. It's hard to tell at a glance which books are available for purchase when sorted by date.
ferrywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #446
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The Facebook page for the cover vs cover is different as well. No grayed out button with "Not Available" (or red button to indicate new activity). But if you click on the "Facebook: Cover vs Cover 200" heading it brings up the activity.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:51 AM   #447
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I will like having a wishlist again And it's sortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrywoman View Post
I don't like that they're using the blue "Add to Cart" button across the board now, even for yet-to-be-released books. It's hard to tell at a glance which books are available for purchase when sorted by date.
Yes, having to click on the little arrow to see "Unavailable" is an extra step. It's also strange that some lines have November and even December titles listed on the site and others only have through August. I will probably lose track of what I am putting in my wishlist since I've gotten out of the habit.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:04 AM   #448
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I read Lady Notorious by Jo Beverley. I didn't like it. 2 stars but it was a such a horrible book. I've no desire to know the rest of the family.

I then read Splendid by Julia Quinn and loved it! I read it in one sitting. 4.5 stars. This is a laugh out loud regency.

I'm reading Dancing at Midnight by Julia Quinn. I'm also reading Soulless by Gail Carriger.

No purchases this week.

Sent from my XT1528
okay, you've made me curious. why was Lady Notorious such a horrible book?
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #449
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Harlequin coupon...

Quote:
Buy One, Get One
50% OFF
Buy one book, get the 2nd for 50% off with the coupon code below
Hurry, offer ends soon!

Your coupon code: WOW417
Quote:
*Offer valid until April 27, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET. Customer must purchase one book in order to redeem the second book at 50% off. The lowest priced book in the cart will be discounted. Quantities are limited. Not to be used with other offers or coupons. All orders subject to approval. One time use only.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-26-2017 at 01:22 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #450
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
okay, you've made me curious. why was Lady Notorious such a horrible book?
My Review:

Spoiler:
I just finished Lady Notorious. I didn't like it. I so felt for the herione who had been so abused and traumatized but the hero....I just wanted to slap him so bad. He had sex on the brain when it was clear the herione just wanted comfort and security. He could see she had been through hell yet all he could do is tease and lust after her. Chastity reminded me alot of Catherine from Stormfire. Poor girl. Now I need to find something to read to wash this book from memory.

* What it lacked was tenderness from the hero that could have fixed it. I mean the heroine went through hell. He could tell this just by looking at her and her shaved head. She was scared of men after being tortured, beaten, humiliated, raped, marked, shorn, mistreated and exiled. All the hero could think about was bedding her. Sure he showed his outrage after decided to marry her but he took her to an orgy! An orgy where he slept with her.*Then took her to his family who was like "we gotta clean this mess up before she can be family." So she becomes a pawn in her future brother in law's games against her father. Horrible story. The only one I liked was the hero's sister Elf but she was a bit stuck up. Giving Chastity her cast off gowns because they didn't flatter her red hair. I can't see wanting to read any more of that family series.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote